Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old October 9th, 2011, 06:44 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation gifts "from" my DM

BG: due to her health DM gives me the $$ to buy gifts from her for DS (we discuss it - sometimes I even call her while shopping to get her input).

DS's b-day is coming up soon & we went to vist my DM. DM asked DS for a list for his b-day and X-mas. DS said that he didn't need to give her a list, she always gets the perfect gift & ...he loves what she gets him and often its not even something he thought to ask for. Snafu's done good , but apparently too good (he hasn't given me a list either, but mentions things that cost $$$$$ )

suggestions?

please....

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 9th, 2011, 08:22 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: gifts "from" my DM

What things has he mentioned, snafu?

I'm thinking along the lines of "companion" gifts from your mom... like if he wants a PlayStation (and you're thinking of giving him one) "she" can give him games.
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:55 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

all DS talks about are $$$ Lego's & $$$ game systems (& we've had to cut his game time due to behavior)

-however, I did ask DM if she'd be willing to do an experience instead of something tangible -

a rock climbing lesson/session fits her budget & will send DS over the moon

(I always try to help DM get cool gifts as I want DS to have good memories rather than grandma was limited due to her health- for newbies my DM had a heart transplant years ago, and while her health improved she's not at "normal" levels for most people)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 10th, 2011, 02:15 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

snafu, that is a WONDERFUL idea!
Old November 5th, 2011, 03:54 AM
future crazy cat lady

DS was happy about the rock climbing session - I made a certificate (its a 2 hour class - we've yet to sign up for a class, I'll have to see what fits our schedule - oh yeah... a parent has to do it with him according to the rules)
Old March 24th, 2012, 03:58 PM
future crazy cat lady

update - we finally went, about a month ago - and took one of DS's friends from soccer with us

we had fun - then friend's parents took everyone out to eat

DS doesn't seem interested in ging again, but would like to climb boluders for real
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:19 PM
future crazy cat lady

bumping .... I need suggestions, and once again DS is asking for/saying he'll save his $$ for ...

- a new DS system
- a kindle/nook
- X-box/playstation
- lazer tag game for his dad's house
Old December 6th, 2012, 04:57 PM
future crazy cat lady

I did DM's shopping for her great-grandchildren today - cell phones ae wonderful ... DM could tell me what to get from what was availabe

I've already gotten her gift for DSD, but DS ... gonna be a problem
Old December 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise your mother had great grandchildren. How old are they, and will she get to see them at Christmas? My family all breed too old to have great grand-children.

My daughter just gets vouchers or money from her grandparents and other relatives it's what she really wants.
Old December 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
future crazy cat lady

DM had kids in her early 20's

my OS got married right out of school - she had her first 1 1/2 yrs later - My DS is closer in age to Nieces's eldest, rather than her (his cousin)

my great-nieces are 6 1/2 & 1 1/2, niece is 30ish

(I was in my early/mid 30's when I had DS)