Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old May 15th, 2015, 06:48 AM
was here. I think.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Grandkids...

Grand daughter to Grandpa...

GD: Gpa, do my swing set.
Gma: Do you want Gpa to play Pony Party or do the swing set?
GD: Pony Party!
Gpa: If I play Pony Party, then I can't finish the swing set.
GD giving me very serious look... Gpa, you finish my swing set. Now!

She gets up and opens the door for me and says: Go!

Typical female...
Old May 15th, 2015, 08:30 AM
was here. I think.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Picked up my GSons at the bus stop yesterday afternoon. They decided to fight over who was going to sit in the front seat. Both of them are trying to squeeze into it with their book bags. The older one shoves his younger brother out the door, the younger one grabs him and pulls him out of the vehicle. Both are on the ground on someone's front lawn in a tangle of flying legs and arms.

Gheesh...

I tell both of them to put their bags in the front seat and get your butts in the back.

Gotta love 'em...
Old May 15th, 2015, 01:46 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

But no "typical males" comment?

Seriously K2L, it is so fun to hear your stories. You sure adore those grandkids!
Old May 18th, 2015, 06:08 AM
was here. I think.

Never a dull moment.

Typical male comment... "Where's the remote?"
Old May 18th, 2015, 12:39 PM
was here. I think.

4-Square...

That's been the latest thing since the weather has been pretty nice. Kids get to the house, have a snack and outside everyone goes...

It's either toss a football, play kickball or 4-square. Lately its been the later.

The youngest Gson is rather innovative with the rules... Back stops, cherry bombs, "do-over" if the ball hits your foot, catch the ball if you can (there's a name for that, but I don't remember what it is. His latest has no name, but the server can spin the ball in the air and literally "place" the ball where he wants to - the recipient is guaranteed to "get out" if your unlucky enough to be his target. The only rule I can remember when I was a kid playing the game was "back stops."

I love it when the three year old plays. She gets the ball and runs. Thus ending the game rather effectively . LOL

Go girl!
Old May 18th, 2015, 01:19 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

DH and I used to play four square with our kids when they were younger. I lost every time. Good memories.
Old May 26th, 2015, 01:07 PM
was here. I think.

Oldest GDau graduated HS Saturday. Had a grad party at her house afterwards. Had a very nice time visiting with everyone. Sure am proud of her!

Had the boys and little one over Monday evening while mom and dad had a well deserved date night. Kids were "wound for sound." I think they filled up on sweets before they came over.
Old May 26th, 2015, 04:39 PM

Congrats to your GDau for graduating, and congrats to you and DW for surviving the wound up little ones!
Old May 27th, 2015, 05:58 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

is grandpa part of the reason they were wound up? hmmm... my DM used to yell at us (when we were kids) for jumping on the beds and taught her oldest GD to jump on the bed
Old May 28th, 2015, 06:29 AM
was here. I think.

Partly... I do have a tendency to wind them up a bit. Had them over yesterday for a couple hours - waiting for mom and dad to get off work and pick them up. Pulled out the Monopoly game. The little one didn't care for the game (a bit to much for her age right now - Candyland is her forte.