Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old July 21st, 2014, 05:17 AM

Raidenskingdom is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Helpless...

Hello... My name is Tristan... I'm 17 years old, currently on vacation, visiting my grandparents... Back at home, everything is usually fine... My immediate family doesn't have any financial trouble... The problem is, my grandparents have been surviving off of food stamps and money that my grandfather has been earning at Autozone for... Well, as long as I've been alive, it seems... At least as long ago as I can remember... Now, what complicates this issue is that my aunt and uncle still live here with both of my grandparents... They're 22 and 24 years old... My uncle just recently got a job at a local Kmart earning just a tad bit above minimum wage... My aunt has trouble finding a job due to a disease she has... Now, since my uncle now has a job at Kmart, the people that were providing food stamps to my grandparents have sent a notification that they will no longer be providing their aid... More than half of this house has lost electricity... They can't get the house rewired due to their financial problem... We get the light and other electricity by the remaining outlets that work... You know, by extension cords and whatnot... My grandmother has serious health issues, on top of all this crap... All I can do is sit around and... Well, that's all I can do... Just let it happen... It's killing me, honestly... I don't know what to do... I don't have enough money to help them... To be honest, I'm not even entirely sure what good this will do, posting this thread... I want to talk about it, but in the end that's all I can do... That's all I'll ever be able to do... I fear my grandma doesn't have much time left... She's always been here for me when I've needed her, and she'll die in this house that she hates... I don't want that for her... I want to find a way, but... Money doesn't just appear out of thin air... I understand life isn't fair... but why is it so cruel...? To those so innocent and wonderful... I apologize for this dramatic story, I just don't know what else to do anymore... This is all I can do... Thank you for listening, if you've actually stuck around...
Old July 21st, 2014, 05:39 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Helpless...

What a good soul!

Are your parents in a position to help? Perhaps a local church or food pantry can provide food assistance. If your grandparents are seniors, they may qualify for help with the house repairs, too.

Has your aunt applied for disability?

The most important thing is that your grandparents know you care.
Old July 21st, 2014, 07:03 AM
was here. I think.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Helpless...

What country do you/they live in?

Tags
financial aid, helpless, money, poor