Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old January 5th, 2018, 01:01 AM

Nana to 38 is on a distinguished road
Advice needed

Hi there I'm new to this group and is looking for advice I am currently looking after 4 grandchildren had them since birth ages 19 16 13 and 10 on resadance orders last year in August I was asked by a social worker If I look after another grandson who is the brother to these here age 14 I decided I would and give him a loving family to live with no one told me how hard work this kid is since living with me he has broke his beds tore up his mattress tore up his clothes broke christmas tree swore really bad language at me and to top it all put a knife up to his younger sister that was it I told social workers I wanted him out I couldn't cope no more for him I still have other children here to keep safe I am still waiting for him to be moved having waited since last November he is on full care order I have had police out to him but because of his age nothing been done he doesn't have any pjs to wear because he tore them all up xmas presents we bought him manly clothes he ripped up games broke what can I do
Old January 5th, 2018, 01:18 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Advice needed

Wow, Nana, I'm so sorry!

Is he a threat to the other kids? I'd definitely be talking to the social worker about how it's very important to get him out of there.

Why do you think he's so angry?
Old January 5th, 2018, 06:49 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana to 38 View Post
I have had police out to him but because of his age nothing been done
This is something I don't understand. If he put a knife to his sister's throat, he should have been removed from the home at that moment. He is a danger to himself and others.

You are looking after 4 others. They are your primary concern. This other boy has some serious issues. He definitely needs help, but you aren't the right person to provide it. He needs to be with someone where he is the only child in the home. Doing what's best for him is the most loving thing you can do, and that's finding another place.
Old January 5th, 2018, 06:03 PM

Thankyou I have told his social worker numberss of times every day I am ringing the office we have all been let down by the system it's reduclus now tonight he threw a metal bar at me marking my leg police again came and cannot do any thing due to his age but did say he would log a report straight threw to social worker and it would be priority it should bring your name up to tip he was disgusted in how social services have handled it
Old January 5th, 2018, 06:09 PM

I cannot just open my front door and throw him out I'm sick to death of social services doing nothing I got told today by his social worker that they may be a possible placement but cannot do any thing till next week well I'm sorry but that not good enough for me I will take them to court if nothing is done I mean it before any one else gets hurt I cannot believe I havnt seen a social worker at all since before Xmas
Old January 5th, 2018, 06:12 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Is there anywhere safe that the other kids can go in the meantime? An aunt or uncle? Friends?
Old January 5th, 2018, 07:45 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I cannot just open my front door and throw him out
You don't think you have it in you, but you can throw him out if he physically attacks anyone or breaks another thing or other acts of vandalism. Then social services or the police will do something.

But, as KayKay suggested, a better alternative for you would be to find a safe place for the other children until this is resolved. Do you feel safe being alone with him?
Old January 6th, 2018, 02:17 AM

I have my husband here with me my son lives next door to me my daughter lives 4 doors down from me I have 2 other son's who live just up road from me I have a lot of support from my family my I also have my 19 yr old grandson who lives with my but he never starts when his older brother is at home and after last night I doubt he will start again my son next door came round and he took him to his house he wouldn't dare start with him he is got such a horrable attitude about him it's unreal
Old January 6th, 2018, 05:56 AM

Quote:
I have my husband here with me my son lives next door to me my daughter lives 4 doors down from me I have 2 other son's who live just up road from me I have a lot of support from my family my I also have my 19 yr old grandson who lives with my but he never starts when his older brother is at home and after last night I doubt he will start again my son next door came round and he took him to his house he wouldn't dare start with him he is got such a horrable attitude about him it's unreal
This is good news! I was under the mistaken thought that you were handling all of this by yourself. I'm glad you have other support, and allowing your son to take him out of the house was a great option.

I hope Social Services comes through for you quickly.