Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old October 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Remember the 70's?

Star Wars - May the force be with you (I was 12 when it came out)

skateboards first became popular (as far as I know) I still have mine (it's orange flexible plastic)
Old October 9th, 2008, 10:03 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Remember the 70's?

Donney Osmond?

KC & the SunShine Band?

The Brady Bunch?

The Partridge Family?

(bell bottoms)
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Starwars realease date - 25 May 1977 (I was 13)

Purple jump suits with gold belts.
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:48 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Back Kotter... John Travolta was HOT.

AMC Pacers. (gas rationing)
I am not a crook.
Time In a Bottle.
Charlie's Angels (boy did I want Farrah Fawcett hair SOOOOO badly)
Six Million Dollar Man
Old October 9th, 2008, 07:41 PM
future crazy cat lady

Pink Floyd
Old October 9th, 2008, 11:28 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Disco
ABBA
The Bee Gees/Saturday night fever (John travolta is still hot!)
Old October 10th, 2008, 10:01 AM

quietlife is on a distinguished road

The 70's were fun. It was a decade of extremes though.

Platform shoes and chunky boots to spike high heels.

Mini length to midi length.

Long straight hair to big hair.

Simple, back to the land type living to upwardly mobile (we baby boomers were growing up, lol)

I remember the AMC Pacer---it seemed to be all window.

Oh yes John Travolta--still hot.
Old January 11th, 2017, 07:00 PM
future crazy cat lady

You only wore tennis shoes in PE

At least in my town.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:25 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I had Stan Smiths. I wore them outside of PE. Not to school though. My school had either uniforms (K-8) or a dress code (9-12).

I did wear saddle oxfords though, as part of my cheerleading uniform. Cheerleaders nowadays have nice, comfy, supportive, shock absorbing shoes!

And John Travolta is still hot.
Old January 12th, 2017, 11:13 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had a pair of denim platforms at primary school when I was 5,I was born in 71,you know the ones with the faux wooden sole, I loved them. I also used to swap shoes sometimes for the day with my friend as I liked her real leather white sandal style shoes with a real wooden sole and heels,I loved the way they clop clopped on the ground when I walked,then we swapped them back before going home.I also had a baby pink faux satin shiney stadium jacket my aunt bought me from her sewing factory it domed shut up the front and had elastic cuffs and hem, I loved that jacket, it was one of the rare new things I got.I used to have to wear clothes my aunt made me (she was dowdy woman with very girly old fashioned tastes)and some of them were weird.One was a A- line dress to the knee with little girls heads/faces on it.It was the same two all over,only problem was my aunt made a mistake and cut the pattern out upside down,so I had upside down heads on me and got teased at school. My school bag was a bright orange mini kids suitcase with a plastic handle and metal catches that popped open when you pushed the button.Most of my clothes were secondhand op shop clothes and I wore my bell bottom jeans till they became 'crossing the river pants"because they were above my ankle by heaps.I also had a navy blue pvc jacket that had a waist belt,another fav....I still have a couple of photos of that time...... kids just wore whatever and dint care,it was a more simple life back then.....in those days I had very long hair and one day my mother took me to the hair dresser and had it all cut off like Lady Diana's. I was about 11 then in 1982 .Only problem was it made me look very masculine and after that the guy at the dairy thought I was in fact a boy and called me son once.....sadly my mother had no sense of fashion and I was her victim lol.......back then when my parents were together my aunt had her wedding in 1980, we again got clothes from the op shop and I had a long red shirred dress with shoe string straps with Pinocchio and Gepetto faces on the bottom in a big wide panel and I had beige ankle strapped rope style espadrilles,my dad had long hair in a pony tail then and my Mum well we all had to sit down while my Nana sprayed setting lotion in out hair and wound it all up in rollers,and had to sleep on it the whole night...we all came out looking like Donna Summer the next day but we thought we looked so pretty!!!!.......Mum had her home perm lol, remember home perms??......we had numerous cars and motorbikes all over our front lawn and in the garage that were at some stage of repair. all the time...in those days my parents never went to the mechanic as we couldnt afford it.....so tinkering was the only way, or they bought or borrowed a manual for that model vehicle....I also rode on the back of my parents motorbikes from 8 years old and they rode some pretty big ones.....I had my own full face motorcycle helmet with the visor that slid up and down......lastly I remember my mustard coloured suade old school four wheeled roller skates with the white lightening bolt on the side, I got them for Xmas one year when I was 11 or 12...my god those things got so worn out in the end.....the rubber stoppers wore down at the front,and I was so sad when I could no longer fit them, and found it hard to let them go.

Last edited by Catwoman; January 12th, 2017 at 03:33 PM.

Tags
70s, memories