Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Spouses & Significant Others

Old December 3rd, 2016, 11:04 PM

George Taylor is on a distinguished road
Needs sincere advice from

All this happened when I was 24 engaged to a girl of my choice, 21, only daughter of her parents, I used to go to her place to meet her. I was always greeted by her mother 46 with a warm hug. The only odd thing was that she was always wearing thin night gown with nothing underneath, top button closed and remaining two missing. She never bothered what she was showing in my presence.

Since we lived in a colder zone, after lunch, she would suggest that we three lie on her bed in a blanket. Again the odd thing was she would lie in between two of us and us two hugging each other over her. At first opportunity of left alone on bed with me she told me that she has looked after kids so well that she has not slept with her husband for last 20 years, who was 18 years elder to her. They used to sleep in different bedrooms with no communication at all in routine life.

After that she repeatedly told me of this “20 years no sex” several times. (I felt quite odd of mixing the two things and discussing with me.)

One day after this blanket nap she asked her daughter to prepare tea and snacks, with two of us left alone in a blanket she gave me full hug and kissing me all over her face repeatedly saying motherly things like “my son, my darling”. The next shocker...

< moderator edit graphic details >

This continued till one year after marriage, <snip> I stopped this totally after one year when the better sense prevailed me..

Three years passed after that and I had very loving relations with my wife. We shared everything as friends. One day she told me a secret of her mother, which no daughter would share with her husband (and I mean it.)
In an emotionally charged stage I also shared my experience with her. She laughed it off as she also knew of her other flings.

Now came the real shocker when my wife told me, that her mother has told her and a few of relatives from her side that how I tried to molest her when she was alone one day at her place and she refused me and even slapped me.

Imagine she complained about me when everything had stopped between us.

Now after 25 years of happy married life, whenever there is any confrontation between me and my wife she will tell me that I tried to molest her mother and my story was wrong. I tell her lets go and clear the things with her she says that we should not torture an old lady now. She is referring it quite frequently now and says we fooled her, I am afraid that one day she might share this with my kids also, (now or later).

I want your advise on

1. Should I go and confront her in front of my wife and present my side of story. Since my story is 100 % true and she cant refuse even a single episode. As they say "Truth needs no defense"

2. Meet her alone and talk to her about our past relations in a comfortable way and ask her why she said all that to my wife, And record everything on mobile for my wife to listen.

3. Since this is destroying my marriage now, confront her and all the relatives openly and tell the truth.

4. Be quiet and let the life pass on.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; December 4th, 2016 at 03:56 AM. Reason: graphic details
Old December 4th, 2016, 03:55 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Needs sincere advice from

Welcome, George, I edited your post because this is a family friendly forum. Children really shouldn't read what you've written here.

Your mother-in-law is a liar and a sexual predator. Don't wast your time trying to talk to her. I hope you never let your children near her.

Your wife is also a victim. Stop arguing with your wife over this. Instead find a good therapist or religious leader to help you both through this. I'm surprised your marriage lasted this long.

Good luck to you.
Old December 4th, 2016, 09:31 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Needs sincere advice from

You may not have been the one to initiate it, but if you went along with it you are also guilty of betraying your wife.

You need to figure out why you went along with it for at least a year after you were married. You were a grown man committed to a woman. I second Lucy's suggestion of a counselor. It doesn't matter who started it. Stop trying to blame your mother-in-law for what happened and take ownership in your part of it.

Don't bother trying to clear the air with your wife's family. It is likely that they know first hand what your mother-in-law is like.