Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old June 6th, 2008, 05:27 AM

link9us is on a distinguished road
Two friends breaking up with each other over some girl online.

Hi, I have two friends that are my best friends, i care bout them alot. Recently there was a problem with this girl that my friend jer met online. Because of this he got really involved into talking to her so my other friend ryan thinks he is ignoring everyone. Ryan tries to contact jer into coming over and he thinks that jer is blowing him off all the time and he tell's his family this. Now ryan and his family hate jer and the problem has continued to get worse and worse. Ryan keeps saying really gruesome stuff to jer making him feel really bad. Now the two won't ever talk to each other and they believe there friendship is falling apart. Ryan, me and jer both know each other in real life. Ryan i think is assuming that he wont talk to him again, so he keeps saying stuff like we are not the same any more. You have changed, you dont care bout any one, etc. I think the whole thing is rather childish and stupid my self. But reality is, its actually making there friendship fall apart and i dont know what to do. I tried taking to ryan and explaining to him to just talk to jer about it, but he wont listen to me, he just continues to ignore jer. This is a friends forum, so this kind of question is alright isnt it? I really need some help here, i dont know what to do any more. It pains me to see them both having a problem like this. I have tried talking to them both getting both there sides of the story but i dont want to make things worse. I have known jer for about 7 years and ryan for like 18 years. Ryan and jer have known each for about 6 years. In the past i have actually made a problem way worse before during a different incident because i got involved but i really want to help them as much as i can.So if any one has any knowledge or experience with this, please lend me all the help i can get. I want to know how to make things right for them again, I dont know what is should say to both of them anything i say seems to not be helping the problem at all. I'm actually posting this in several different forums.

Thanks for Listening!

Jeff
Old June 6th, 2008, 08:17 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Two friends breaking up with each other over some girl online.

Best advice I have is don't take sides. If Rayn keeps making rude comments-let him know you refuse to listen- if he continues - walk away. I hope I'm wrong, but if you don't take Ryan's "side" he may talk about you in the same way.

I don't know how old you guys are, but as you said you've known Ryan for about 18 years I'm going to assume Ryan is an adult. That being said it sounds like he's got some maturity issues.