Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old August 7th, 2008, 01:03 PM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough
I'm aggravated.

I have this neighbor that I really like. She's got DDs about the same age as my DD's. We've been talking about getting together for the last 2 years with the kids and the timing hasn't been right.

So, she calls this morning to get together and I'm so excited! We start to talk time and dates.

Then she starts in about how she's just started her own company selling Arbonne products, and we can talk about doing a skin care demonstration when we get together, and blah, blah, blah. I explain that I can't afford the product (I'm a $1 store petroleum jelly kind a gal), but I'd still love to get together.

Then she says if I find 5 friends, she'll sell to me at wholesale. I tell her I can't because I don't have 5 friends. But I'd still love to get together.

She doesn't have time right now to get together. She'll call me soon.
Old August 7th, 2008, 01:22 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I'm aggravated.

Aw Geez. Nothing like being obvious about how much you mean to her.

You have every right to be aggravated. I'm sorry 1dil. (On the plus side, you know to avoid her like the plague now )
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Sorry, 1dil. That sucks!

I have a friend that does Pampered Chef. She does very well at it, but I don't see her much anymore because it seems like every time I do, I get bombarded with, "So, when are you going to have a party?"

I don't want to do a party.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

I recently got hit with both of these Arbon and Pampered Chef.

I can't afford anything, I have bills and stuff. But they are always saying, "Well, that's the point of the party. Your friends purchase stuff and you make money." Oh yeah, like I'm really not going to end up buying stuff, who do they think their kidding?
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly Blissfully. I'm antisocial enough that no one expects me to throw a party, but I promise I get invited to plenty. And it's not because I'm popular.

ETA: And it's not like you're making MONEY when your friends buy stuff. You just get discounts on stuff that you wouldn't buy otherwise.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM

april is on a distinguished road

I got caught in this trap twice, buying cosmetics products I never used afterwards . First time it was skin care that had nothing to do with my skin type, and second time it was makeup things that were designed for a much more dark-skinned woman than I am, so after applying that makeup, lipstick, eye shadows etc. I looked like a Native Ametican on the path of war .
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:51 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

That was just wrong - dil - I hope your DDs weren't too upset when she cancelled.

(I've never heard of Arbonne - I'll have to google it - I've got to get out more)