Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old October 9th, 2013, 05:53 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
The Grandkids...

Yesterday evening my wife and I had the pleasure of having the gkids over for an overnight stay while mom and dad went out on a date. One of the boys brought his microscope and the other brought his Wii Football game. The 2-yr old brought her favorite stuffed animal - a puppy.

They arrived promptly at 6pm. Crashing up the stairs and loudly announcing themselves, dropping their stuff in the middle of the living room floor, running to the kitchen, opening the fridge and grabbing the tupperware bowl of grapes and trying to consume as many as their mouth can hold. The little one began chasing each of our three dogs in no specific order, all the while saying "goo-girl" in her attempt to grab one just to give it a hug. Our Chihuahua will have nothing to do with this little human trying to touch her so she runs into the bedroom and hides under the bed for the next 3-4 hours. The Jack Russell, on the other hand, is more than happy to see her because she'll play ball with her until our grand daughter hides the dogs tennis ball.

We looked at bug wings, human hair and a drop of water from my wifes plant pot that has been filled with water for quite some time. They really liked the water one because of the little things they saw moving around. My wife was a bit surprised, but that's what happens with standing water when plant roots are growing.

The other boy was playing football and having a pretty good time of it - touchdown after touchdown... Final score: New Orleans 110, St Louis 0.

Most of the evening was a blur, but the most memorable was sitting in the family room watching an episode of Caillou (animated kid show) and all three of them were on the sofa with gma and me. The 9 yr old was picking his toe nails, the 8 yr old was twirling his hair and peeling skin off grapes with his teeth and the 2 yr old was picking her nose while very intently watching Caillou. Gma was eating her ice cream bars and I was watching all of them. The boys konked out between 8:30 and 9pm, the baby fell asleep sometime aroud 10pm (dad let her take a long afternoon nap). We had to laugh about that one.

Prescious moments in time. Gotta love it!
Old October 9th, 2013, 08:09 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Grandkids...

That's so heartwarming! You are a lucky man, K2L.
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:38 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a sweet moment in time.
Old October 10th, 2013, 07:10 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

So I get home from work yesterday afternoon, walk in the door and am greeted by three barking dogs and my 2-yr old gdau who is jumping up and down with a big smile on her face and saying "PA! PA!" I get donw on my knees and give her a hug and start talking to her and she starts telling me all about her day in her baby talk. She tries really hard to talk well - she's so sweet. She showed gpa her little tin box with her three special figurines: A bunny, a squirrel and a little girl. Then she showed me the picture she colored. I asked her if I could keep it and she said "DA" - which means: Dad. I said: "that's fine, your dad will be very happy to get this beautiful picture you made special just for him." Then she wanted me to watch Caillou with her.

About that time one of the boys came in and jumped on my back. I was surprised to see him because he's usually not home from school yet. I asked him and he said he had a sore throat. Then the other boy came in and I asked him and he said he had a stomach ache. My wife just smiled. Gotta love it.

We visited for a bit on the sofa, everyone sort of doing their own thing. About a half hour before their mom was to pick them up I put all of them to work picking up their toys. I think they were ready to go home after that. I know my wife was ready for them to go home. She looked like she had a busy day.

Dinner at a restaurant sounded like a good idea so I suggested it and my wife decided to order and pick it up instead.
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:24 AM
is never to loud.

Heartwarming...

Some time back my youngest gson told his gma that he wanted to make costumes. Then a little later on he expressed the same interest. So my wife decided to purchase a sewing machine earlier this month for the little guy. My wife sews and shes pretty good at making clothes, etc...

So yesterday she picked up our gson and went to the local sewing shop, picked up some material (that he chose), a sewing box (actually a tackle box - best sewing boxes on the planet) and some other sewing supplies. She got the little guy to the house and got him started with straight lines, corners and just basic how to stuff. THe little guy made a pillow for his 2 yr old sister. I was at the hosp visiting my mother and rcvd a text from my wife along with a photo of our gson holding the pillow he made - literally hugging it and the look on his face was absolutely prescious. I could see in his eyes how happy and proud he was that he made that pillow. I immediately called home and asked for my gson. He got on the phone and I told him what a great job he did making that pillow and how proud I was of him.

Later, my wife told me when she brought him home with the pillow he made, they were in the car and he put his hean on his gma and said: "I love you grandma. Thank you!"

Grandchildren are so special.

We had to stop by a little later that evening (picked up something from the store for our dau's family). We went in for a short visit and his little sister (whom he made the pillow for) was so proud of the pillow her older brother made that she made a point to show it to gma and I.

I love those kids. So, so special...
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:52 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I love it!
Old March 17th, 2016, 09:37 PM

karimakkan is on a distinguished road

oooh... sounds sooo chweet.. lucky grand children!!!!
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:46 AM
is never to loud.

We have an old cell phone which we gave to our almost 3 yr old Gdau. I charge it up periodically so she can play with it. She loves it! Well, this morning I saw the phone and I picked it up and was looking through the menu. My wife told me our 8 yr old Gdau was taking photos with it so I went to the menu and started looking at the photos she had taken. I got to this one photo and had to laugh... It was a photo of my gdau's potty chair on the sofa with my almost 3 yr old gdau standing on the potty chair posing. Gotta love em'.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:06 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

That's one to save for the wedding!