Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old May 8th, 2018, 05:38 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Transitioning to "adult" children!

Oh, boy, here we go!

Two adult sons, both living at home right now, and wanting to carve out bigger space in the house to work from home. But I don't want to give up my space! hehe

The oldest is trying to time the market to buy. That's not easy! The younger one is trying to finish up school, commute from home, and keep working.

It's temporary, right?
Old May 8th, 2018, 10:41 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transitioning to "adult" children!

Yes, it's temporary. Enjoy it while it lasts. Before you know it, the house will be empty.

Who is wanting to work from home, you or the boys?
Old May 8th, 2018, 11:06 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Both boys want work space to work from home. They both need a LOT of space! Right now, the house seems too small. Before I know it, though, it will be too large.
Old May 8th, 2018, 12:35 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Is your backyard big enough for one (or two) of those "tiny houses"?
Old May 20th, 2018, 09:26 AM

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road

None of my adult children have ever lived with me, but as I have posted elsewhere, my youngest was in a situation where he was not properly paying his bills and "needing a lot of help" from me to maintain his place on his own. I once got angry at him when he tried to actually brag about how he "didn't live in his mother's basement" like so many of his peers. Well living in mother's basement is not worse than living in your "own" so-called house that you would lose if your mother didn't make sure the payments and taxes got paid.

Now he is married and he is her problem and that is the way I want it to stay. Don't get me wrong; I want them to be happy together and not really be a "problem" to each other but I will say out loud that I'm glad he has somebody else to share the responsibilities in that household and I hope to never be that involved again. I know it is a situation I willingly got myself into but also one I'm glad that I (hopefully) have gotten out of.
Old May 21st, 2018, 02:12 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

good for you rattlesnake, don't be an enabler - "kids" have to fail in order to grow up -

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )