Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old December 25th, 2011, 04:38 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bad daughter

DM & I have gotten on each other's last nerve today.

I'm tired & crabby - I need a break from DM - in some ways she's like DS - has to have my attention now no matter what I'm doing.... for things that could wait ;

I'll admit I've hit the point I'm snapping at her - part of it is that I'm tired, another part is I need a relaxing break - DM expects to be intertained/have your attention...she makes comments about the fact that I shouldn't cook so many things (AKA "I think you should give up things you enjoy because I think you're doing too much")

I'm tired of everyone asking me questions that they should ask other people, for example "Mom, blah, blah DSF, blah..." or "Snafu, has DS fed the animals yet?" Why don't they ask the other person?!? I've been responding for a while "Ask ___". ( - I've gotten crabby about any questions people ask me now - and snapped at DM)
Old December 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

DM also admitted that she's cranky - not feeling well (spent a day doing various dr apts a couple of days before I picked her up)... and she's hurt that neither of my sisters called to find out if she had plans for X-mas, or if she'd be home alone.

(she's also jumped my case about something that happend 2 years ago - I held my tounge , she's right I shouldn't have snapped at her then...but she wouldn't listen to me/accept "No" for an answer then...she just wanted to help)
Old December 25th, 2011, 06:23 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like someone needs a nice bottle of chardonnay.
Old December 26th, 2011, 07:46 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I have an Arbor Mist Cranberry Merlot. Want some?
Old December 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM
future crazy cat lady

I would like to take a wine tasting class - anyone want to join me?

Right now I've got kalua, rum, coke, and a bottle of blackberry wine that I like (but I'm not drinking a whole bottle).

Is there "diet" wine

Mom & I are good (I think). With DM's health I don't know that she'll even be around in 2 years/when I have DS for X-mas next.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:31 PM
future crazy cat lady

Well - I talked to DM .... due to distance and kids responsibilities neither sister will be seeing DM for Turkey Day. We'll see about X-mas.

I guess I'll have mom ... I just wished she lived closer ....
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Has she considered moving closer, snafu? Is something keeping her where she is?
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
future crazy cat lady

two things keeping her there

friends/social life

cost of living/rent
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
future crazy cat lady

mother's day is coming up & I called DM asking is she had plans

she thought I wanted to get her for the entire weekend - I just want to vist 1 day

in the past I'd pick her up & she'd spend the weekend (when I was subbing & could take time off) - I'm not interested in hauling her back & forth anymore - not unless I have several days off -

and I feel like a bad daughter as I'm thinking about myself first, when my DM lives alone
Old April 23rd, 2013, 01:20 PM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

I assume DM means Dear Mother? One solution would be to pick her up later on Saturday, and take her home earlier on Sunday.
But, I don't know your situation with DM, even tho I read the above posts. All this abbreviation is confusing to me.