Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old October 29th, 2014, 06:03 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bad daughter

When I was in high school I used to bike over to my grandma's (the one that lived in town) and listen to her stories.

Once, when I was in college I "kidnapped" her and we went looking at X-mas lights in town. I hadn't even gone home yet, just drove straight to her house. The family was freaking out - she wasn't answering her door or phone .
Old December 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
(Dec 2013)

DM also said she thinks this will be her last X-mas here as she's getting too old and it takes too much effort for her to come here. (as in it takes her a few months to totally recover from getting so exhausted)
DM has changed her mind about this, she's feeling better and spent Thanksgiving with us this year.

Quote:
(Oct 2014) a year later and mom's already been told by my OS that she's used all of her vacation time and won't be visiting during the holidays (she's not seen mom at all this year)
OS has let mom know that plans have changed - she and her youngest DD are going to come see DM the weekend before X-mas. DN's boyfriend is also going to meet them at DM's as he's in grad school 'bout a 1 1/2 hours from where she lives.

This is going to be the first year that we (DH & I) have X-mas early as DSD has to work X-mas & DS will be at his dad's - We're having it the same weekend . I think DM still wants to come, but DH and I are planning a romantic X-mas - I feel a bit guilty that DM will be alone on X-mas day, but I think we'll go see her after DS gets back from his dad's
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:13 PM
future crazy cat lady

Quote:
...snip...
and DM has said that there is no way she'd ever move in with us, she needs her alone time (snip)

bawaahahaha

she's moving in

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:37 PM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

Well! I hope you are ready.

Seriously, Please be patient with her. It will be hard at first but I am sure you two will be fine in the ens and have a wonderful relationship in the end.
I know that you will take good care of her. She is a lucky woman to have a daughter like you.
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:45 PM
future crazy cat lady

I plan on corrupting her .... and teaching her the joys of on-line shopping

I may even teach her to skype .... after DS teaches me how .... or hmmm, maybe DS & friends can teach her

Old May 27th, 2016, 08:27 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful.
Old May 24th, 2017, 06:41 PM
future crazy cat lady

with all the end of the year / graduation stuff going on I want to be "Snafu, DS's mom" not "DeeDee's caregiver" (aka my mom)

I'm trying to be grateful, when mom had her heart transplant we didn't think she'd live to see DS "graduate" from 8th grade ... here he is graduating from high school.

DS still thinks he has the coolest grandma as "she" picks really cool gifts ... I think that is one of the greatest gifts I could have given both mom and DS.