Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old January 21st, 2014, 09:58 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Snowmagedon"

Saturday temp... 62 degrees

Sunday temp... 58 degrees

Monday temp... 56 degrees

Tuesday temp... 18 degrees ...
Old January 21st, 2014, 01:19 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke too soon about accumulation. We're supposed to get 12+.

It's 19 F now, going to near 0 overnight, and staying in teens and 20's for next 10 days. Brrrrr!
Old January 22nd, 2014, 05:00 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

12+"

Teen temps! Yuk!

Woke up this morning with an 18 degree temp outside. By the time I left I had a nice toasty fire going. Wife got up about 6am and stood with her backside to the fire and a smile on her face.

Gotta love life!
Old January 26th, 2014, 02:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy - how are you holding up?

From what I heard (via the news) is that Snowmageden Part II is supposed to hit in February.

Old January 27th, 2014, 05:26 AM
is never to loud.

Last year I had to shovel a 10" and an 8" snowfall off the driveway. This year I only had to shovel a 4" snowfall once. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Of course... Winter isn't over yet.
Old January 27th, 2014, 06:00 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

remember winter is offically over in March - and I remember a few times when we had late snows.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 29th, 2014, 09:51 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

So done with this weather. Although there is sunshine out there (first in days)

Can't get enough of the gorgeous colors in one of the spring clothing catalogs I get. I am almost tempted to splurge and pretend it IS SPRING.

YAY! I GOT AWAY!

Last edited by JemStar; January 29th, 2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 05:41 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

More snow. We already have 4 in. Because it's just above freezing, it's a heavy wet snow. I'm watching trees start to bend.

Stupid groundhog!

ETA: We got about 10". It is really heavy, slushy snow that will freeze solid tonight. They are calling for another 3-6" tomorrow night, and there are rumors for more this weekend. We are all going to be happy to see spring!

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; February 3rd, 2014 at 12:41 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
is never to loud.

10"... Ugh! We're suppose to get between 4-8" on Tuesday. Maybe it's Wednesday... I forget. Had freezing rain last friday. It started about 4pm and went on for about 2-3 hours. News reports said there were over 400 accidents during that time frame.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
future crazy cat lady

oh Lucy .... wow .... are your kids enjoying it?

I'm already planning on what I'm going to do if there's yet another snow day ... part of those plans involve burrowing under the feather blanket