Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:21 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Snowmagedon"

*whistles guiltily again*

My daffodils are blooming.
Old February 3rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

really?!? - you evil woman .... it was 10 degrees this a.m.
Old February 4th, 2014, 05:01 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

KK's rubbing sand in our eyes again.

Today's forecast... Yuk.
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:19 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Not nice, KayKay! I, who hibernates from January to April, was out there shoveling! I personally did 3 front walkways and 4 driveway aprons after the plows came. I know I won't be seeing my crocus until late March.
Old February 4th, 2014, 06:48 AM

searain will become famous soon enough

Lovely. Today the remote start for my car didn't work so I went out to start it. Both doors frozen shut. Back inside to get my granddaughter Natalie (age 2) dressed. She ate snow while I banged the doors with my hip, unsticking the doors but getting a lovely bruise. Finally on our way: rear defroster wouldn't work so had to stop and clean back window. Went to Tim Horton's drive thru to get Natalie a donut, window was stuck. I hate winter.
Old February 4th, 2014, 07:09 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Sure cure for car doors that freeze shut...

Get a can of spray silicon and either spray it on the rubber seals around your car door or spray it generously on a rag and wipe on the rubber seals. It'll keep your car doors from freezing shut.

Of course... There's not much you can do about it until you can open your car doors again.
Old February 4th, 2014, 08:23 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Same rain, I hope you got yourself some coffee and a donut. You earned it!
Old February 4th, 2014, 11:29 AM

I just heard this loud rumble and house shook. It was an avalanche of snow from the 2nd floor to the first floor roof. I am a little worried about the inches of snow expected followed by ice and then rain tomorrow.

I guess I should go shovel the roof.
Old February 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry for what y'all are going through.

searain, I saw something online about using nonstick cooking spray on the seals of the door to prevent them from freezing shut. That would be so aggravating.
Old February 5th, 2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post

searain, I saw something online about using nonstick cooking spray on the seals of the door to prevent them from freezing shut. That would be so aggravating.
Non-stick cooking spray fixes everything! I use it on door locks and hinges and garden tools and snow shovels and in the snow blower...it is a must have in every woman's tool box!

We got lucky in the snow department. We got freezing rain, but no snow. We have definitely lost a few trees, but everyone is home and safe.

ETA: when I said "we," I mean my neighborhood. 2/3 of my county is without power. Schools are closed again tomorrow. Villanova U is closed the rest of the week. A doctor was critically injured by a tree branch. "Warming" shelters are being opened. This is a .5 in of ice. We are still lucky that we didn't get the snow first. The trees still have snow from the last storm, and the ice never melted today.

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; February 5th, 2014 at 05:46 PM.