Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > General Health

General Health Discuss issues related to General Health

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old October 8th, 2013, 01:14 PM
KayKay's Avatar
KayKay KayKay is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,155
KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: allergies

No such luck. (I've had teenagers in the house for 5 years now...)
__________________
Expecto Patronum!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old October 16th, 2013, 07:36 AM
JemStar's Avatar
JemStar JemStar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: where its really cold now
Posts: 474
JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of
Re: allergies

We installed a sooper dooper air filter on the fan for the heating/cooling unit.

Our vaccumm is HEPA. There are smaller air CLEANERS in bedrooms that are said to help with dust/spores/etc.

I am looking into one of these:

"The replacement lamp for our Aclare Air filter. Our photocatalysis technology reduces bacteria and viruses. Oxidizes odors, fungi, mold, and toxic chemical gases. Settles dust and other large particles out of the air. Covers up to 700 square feet and includes lamp module which lasts for two years."

About $80. Will place in DD's room.

I also cannot emphasize enough for people to CLEAN up their diets. Reduce grains as much as possible. Try a HUGE variety of breads, etc., made with new flours from tapioca, rice, quinoa and try to ease up on alcohol made with grains!

Take some beta glucans. Eat organic raw honey. Pure organic, grassfed butter and add some unrefined virgin coconut oil to your diet as much as you can. I have begun to use it to try to get some alcohol fried brain matter cleaned up. Won't give me more cells, but it might help with those "NEED WINE" urges, I have read. A little wine is fine. I don't do a little.

Remove carpets that are dust magnets. No more high pile/shags. No. Go bare floors as much as you can. We have an indoor/outdoor area rug in the living room that can be hosed off outside and dried in the sun. Take THAT pet dander!

Drink water from volcanic areas: volvic, fiji. A liter a day to help get rid of all that aluminum. Get some healthy sun on your skin and don't wash it off for a few hours at least. We are all deficient in that D3 hormone.

Relax. Smile. and all that.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old November 30th, 2016, 07:59 PM
snafu's Avatar
snafu snafu is offline
future crazy cat lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mid-west
Posts: 9,818
snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: allergies

found a new thing I react to

prickly pear tea - I think it does the same thing as grapefruit (burns my skin, in this case my throat)

(but I didn't like the taste anyway - so I'm not missing anything )
__________________
once burned, twice shy

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 1st, 2016, 05:05 PM
Catwoman Catwoman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 781
Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: allergies

My 12 year old son is allergic to egg and honey,he used to be allergic to peanut but grew out of that. My oldest son has hay fever and so does hubby.Oldest son had Asthma too but has grown out of that......they just take antihistamine if they have a reaction.We dont give our 12 year old any honey or egg products,I make cakes without eggs....he has an allergy test every two years at the lab its a skin prick test and then the specialist sees us at the hospital to discuss results.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 19th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Catwoman Catwoman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NZ
Posts: 781
Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: allergies

Did you know that real pine Xmas trees are full of natural occurring mold that grows on them as well as pollen in the branches. I was reading this today and thats its really bad for people who suffer hay fever.We went to a friends place last weekend and she was having a bad attack of hayfever and I suggested it might have been her brand new real pine Xmas tree she had just put up,and I was right. They are really beautiful and I would love to have one,but my husband and oldest son get hay fever,so we cant...thats why we only have our plastic white tree
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007, The BlueSparks Network