Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old January 28th, 2012, 07:42 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tales from the sub

Principal was glad of the offer - he's going to check with teachers to see if anyone has students who need help, but didn't qualify for "reading services"
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:55 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

kids are cute

I'm learning a new language (functional word by functional word) - our school dist has a high percentage of families from ________.

Child trys to tell me something the other day and I didn't understand ... so I said I "don't understand/comprehend" in his language

I can say "good", "no", "sit", "please", "thank you", and "quiet please" (plus a few other things)
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:58 PM
future crazy cat lady

'nother thing

I don't work at this school during the school year - just for summer school (same with some of the other staff)

... someone called the main office and complained that they (the parent)didn't know the people who were assisting with the students arrival
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:29 AM

BagLady will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
kids are cute

I'm learning a new language (functional word by functional word) - our school dist has a high percentage of families from ________.

Child trys to tell me something the other day and I didn't understand ... so I said I "don't understand/comprehend" in his language

I can say "good", "no", "sit", "please", "thank you", and "quiet please" (plus a few other things)
I don't get this. Are you worried about being "politically correct" by not saying; "Latino, or Spanish"?
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:48 AM
future crazy cat lady

Nope - not politically correct, but spanish is the wrong language - but the actual language could identify were I'm at
Old June 8th, 2013, 07:00 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
kids are cute

This is exciting! I have found that parents really respond to that little effort more so than the children! One place I worked had immigrants from Vietnam, Liberia, and Sierra Leone. I tried, but I failed miserably in picking up some words.
Old June 12th, 2013, 07:48 PM
future crazy cat lady

in the lunch room

student: Ms._____, that boy over there.... he's burping. ON PURPOSE! I don't like it.

snafu: sighs, then says - some people burp - now that you know he burps next time don't sit at the same table
Old June 22nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
future crazy cat lady

summer school ends Friday & I'm having mixed feelings

I'll be glad to have "free time", but I'm really going to miss some of the kids (sniff, sniff) , and I've been working with some really wonderful people - I'm going to miss them too.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 02:48 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your vacation!
Old October 30th, 2014, 02:58 PM
future crazy cat lady

while I'm not subbing, this story "fits" here

In one class (of 24) that I assist a student with, I've only learned one boy's name ...."Kjetil"

I had a talk with him after class the other day (as the teacher covered a smile). I asked him if he could tell me why I know his name when I can't name anyone else in the class.

he got , and said he'd try harder to behave

(he's a very nice kid, I thought he was immature, turns out he's jumped a grade or two - so he's very bright, just younger than your typical Freshman)