Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old October 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
At the movies II

Real Steel (PG 13) -

DS & I enjoyed it, and I think its a good movie for boys (not sure about girls) {I would see it again, but I like movies with action)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: At the movies II

Wife & I went to the theatre to see it. I/we liked the story line - it was unique and clean. Funny too! Great acting. Just a fun movie to see.
Old October 21st, 2011, 05:28 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

While I enjoyed the movie (I'd even go see it again...just to the cheep showing next time) - I'm a bit supprised it was made.... It just seems that it would appeal to a very limited audience.

Old October 21st, 2011, 06:29 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the best movies only appeal to a very limited audience though. I bet no one here but me has enjoyed either "Boy" or "Whale Rider"! (Both very New Zealand flavoured movies).
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM
future crazy cat lady

Dh & I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie - if you enjoyed the previous ones, I'm pretty certain you'd like this one.

I'll be honest though - it was about 15 minutes too long for me (121 minutes without the commericals), but I don't know what could have been cut without making the movie "choppy"/not flow
Old December 18th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

The new Sherlock Holmes movie looks good, My wife want's to see it bad. I am planning on taking her this Friday.
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:33 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

The new Sherlock Holmes - It does look pretty good. I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.
Old December 27th, 2015, 11:18 AM
future crazy cat lady

Star Wars was good

I really want to see the new Sherlock on the big screen ... DH says its supposed to be on PBS Jan 1 ..... and I'm trying to convince him to see it on the big screen

I'm also anticipating the new Captain America movie ....

Old December 29th, 2015, 04:17 PM
future crazy cat lady

Anyone see the new James Bond movie?

Old December 30th, 2015, 05:15 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Star Wars last night. Maybe it's the critic in me, but I don't think it quite lived up to the hype. Some of the things that struck me:

1) There's an awful lot of sex going on behind the scenes. Previous movies only showed a kiss!

2) Everyone is OLD! Harrison Ford did not look tough to me. He looked like an old man who escaped from the nursing home.

3) As my children argue over new vs. old characters, I say that John Boyega is no Billy Dee Williams.