Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2008, 11:25 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Treats

Does anyone have any yummy treat ideas that they would like to share?

I recently found the Skinny Latte at Starbucks. It is only 90 calories and has 9 grams of protein! (Size tall)
Old January 28th, 2008, 12:34 PM
She Who Must Be Obeyed

HisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud ofHisHeathenHoney has much to be proud of
Re: Treats

Trader Joe's has these ice cream bons bons that are 60 calories each--a luxurious treat, assuming you can stop yourself at one. For me, they make about 3-4 bites and I do love them, and I really can stop at one...well, two. (They're one bite for my DH but let's not sidetrack onto the topic of "how men eat like starving wolves.") The bons bons come with a chocolate coating and with the ice cream flavors of vanilla, chocolate, or capuccino.

I also make myself a chocolate "milkshake" by using chocolate soy milk or chocolate skim milk and a frozen banana, possibly with other frozen fruits tossed in. (Take your about-to-go-overripe bananas, slice into a small Ziploc bag and freeze, have single servings of frozen banana available! Yes, they do go a bit brown, but if you're tossing them in a chocolate smoothie it won't be noticeable anyway.) The frozen banana gives the smoothie a slushy milkshake texture that feels far more indulgent than just chocolate milk.

Lots of microwave popcorn makers now make single serving bags of popcorn that are 100 calories. I like plain popcorn but I think they make sweeter kettle corn flavors too (I don't do artificial sweeteners though). I love popcorn, and 100 calories of popcorn is a LOT of popcorn, so I feel satisfied. (Lots of fiber as well).
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:21 PM

mommyT is on a distinguished road

okay, I am supposed to be going to bed... BUT I had to comment on this thread! Elaine- I found the Starbucks Skinny Latte too!!! It is soooo yummy!! I have been drinking those instead of what I usually order, since I had Madison...I love them!
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Double Jack please, neat

NavyBrat_ArmyWife is on a distinguished road

No guilt fat free chocolate mousse:

1 tub fat free cool whip
1 to 1 1/2 snack packs fat free chocolate pudding (like what you'd put in a 1st grader's lunch box)

scrape cool whip into a large bowl and whip in the chocolate pudding.

I know, really simple, but it's pretty yummy. I don't know how many calories are in it...but there's absolutely NO FAT in it. (Which is more than I can say about the cookie dough I've been sneaking bites of lately...)

And, you can use other flavors...vanilla or butterscotch (DH's favorite).
Old April 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

The Quaker rice cakes (the minis not the large ones) I like the apple flavor
Closed Thread