Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old September 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wii Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
She's knocking out all of my high scores. Stinker. Oh well... I'll wait until she's at school and keep at it until I beat HER.

Now i want one. I just googled them, nintendo games console thing, pronounced "we", as in "Wii should get one! It wil help mii get fit" ha ha ha.
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:19 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I've been sick (no biggie - just a mild virus that has me wanting to sleep an unusual amount) and I'm skeered to get back on the Wii Fit! It might yell at me!
Old September 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I've been sick (no biggie - just a mild virus that has me wanting to sleep an unusual amount) and I'm skeered to get back on the Wii Fit! It might yell at me!
Sorry you've been ill, KayKay. I don't think it will say anything to you that you can't handle.

Does it have an option for you to choose so you can justify not being on-like multiple choice...I haven't been Wii Fitting for a few days because A. I was sick. B. My dog ate the controller C. The power has been out? etc...

Justification makes it easier to start back up.
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:07 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it has "justification" in the "Why I weigh 4 pounds more than two days ago". But it doesn't have the options "Muscle weighs more than fat" or "I just ate lasagna for dinner."

It doesn't ask for justification of why you haven't worked out. It just reminds you that it's been a few days.... If you press the "next" button fast enough, it's easy to handle the criticism.
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM

If only there was a next button in real life.
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:33 AM

How is the Wii fitting going KayKay?
Old October 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM

It's still there, waiting for me to get back on it. I do want to do it, but you know how it goes...

I've been struggling with allergies the last, what... month? I had a number of days in a row when I dropped the kids off from school and came home to sleep. Whenever I tried to do the Wii Fit, I'd just get dizzy and I'm not one to try yoga poses while the room is spinning. So I got out of the habit, and am waiting until I can actually breathe through my nose again to start up again. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate ragweed?

The only way I've been managing to keep going to Curves is that the a/c is cranked up so high (filtering the air) in there that the pollen has all been removed. I walk into the Curves and my nose clears up, then I walk out and sneeze half a dozen times between the door and the car.

So I've fallen off the Wii Fit bandwagon, but only temporarily. I promise. It really is fun, and I'm looking forward to starting again. (I may have to mute it though until it finishes fussing at me for not working out on it in two weeks )
Old October 6th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicka View Post
I donīt believe in Fitness equipment you have in the house. Youīll use them a couple of times and then get bored. Just take the dogs out or take the bike shopping instead of the car - this really keeps you goodlooking and healthy! Skip pasta and bread and enjoy wonderful mediterranean salads - itīs a miracle and tastes like heaven!
Highly optimistic! I don't live within walking or biking distance of anything. And I don't want to live life without carbs of any kind. I would rather have a whole house full of gym and fitness equipment than live my life on a diet. Personal choices.

I love the Wii Fitness!
Old October 7th, 2008, 12:28 PM

Hey, Kay! We have joined the Wii Fit bandwagon. (It was our end of year treat just a little early.) We are enjoying it.

Sorry to hear about the allergies. They can be just miserable. Nice that curves has filtered air though. It would make me extra inclined to go just to escape the itchy eyes and continuous sneezing.

You should tell curves management. Maybe they will give you a month free for giving them a new angle to add to their brochure. "Get fit and escape allergens!"

Hope the allergies let up soon.
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM

Oh yay!! I have company! Does your whole family have a Mii?