Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old October 7th, 2008, 04:07 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: Wii Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Oh yay!! I have company! Does your whole family have a Mii?
Yes. I have to say that adds a lot to the fun. We made characters for my folks when they visited. So their characters run by sometimes and everyone says "Hey, there goes grandpa."

It makes for a better sense of involvement. Strange in a way. But fun.
"Look! Its yours and daddys characters tossing the hoola hoops for me." "Look look! Your the coach!"

I had to stress the "They are characters, not really us, just like puppets." initially when the kids thought they should be sad if the Mii made a sad face or slumped and looked tired after a round.

Now they laugh when they want even if the character looks sad. (Good. I don't want them really emotionally involved with a bit of programming.)

DD1 thought it was hilarious when she ran the pointer over the character and clicked on it and it looked around like it was startled. If she clicks the pointer on its feet it will dance. She giggles so hard at that.

I am enjoying the balance, aerobics and strength training features. I have not touched the yoga. The strength training that involves getting on the floor I avoid because once I'm down there...the kids pile up on me.
Old October 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. Have you done the soccer yet? I laugh so hard when I get beaned by cleats! And have you had a wipe out on the ski jump?
Old November 7th, 2008, 07:46 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I've just purchased a Wii as the family Christmas Present. Wii fit will maybe have to be MY b'day present to come, but sounds great!

Anyway, I just had to try it out, you know, to make sure it's in good working order, since it's still a while to Christmas

We get the Wii sports as the complimentary game with it don't know if it's the same in the US. It was good! I know people SAY it's a good work out, but I didn't really believe it until I tried. I worked up a sweat after 10 mins! Though that's more likely to be admitting just how unhealthy I am at the mo!

Can't wait for it to be "officially" opened by the kids!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old November 24th, 2008, 05:34 AM

lilly.01228 is on a distinguished road

I think WII Fit is great...
I lost a lot last year .. =)
Itīs fun and itīs not sport to me ... just fun =)
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:33 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I've been thinking about getting a Wii fit for the family - those of you that have them, how long have you had them & are you still using them?
Old January 4th, 2009, 08:44 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I've had mine 4 months now. I still love it, but TBH I haven't touched it in a long time. Not that I don't WANT to...

I'm never home when I can have peace and quiet to do it. First of all, the Wii shares a TV with the XBox, so between DD wanting to watch TV and DS wanting to play XBox, anytime they have spare time the Wii is out for me. They just enjoy laughing at me while I'm doing it anyway. While they're at school, I have committments for volunteer work or errands or chores (or internet surfing ) and I just don't get a full hour to myself where I've got nothing I have to get done. Or I'm in the wrong clothes and can't get sweaty. Or I have to make a grocery list or fold that load of laundry before I can exercise. That's completely my fault. I should log off and exercise.
Old January 5th, 2009, 07:46 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

You could always get up an hour earlier
and do it BEFORE the kids are up

Seriously, thats what I'm afraid of, I don't want to spend the $$$ and then not use it. (Did that a couple of years ago with an airhockey table - we still play occasionally - maybe once everyother month )
Old January 5th, 2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
You could always get up an hour earlier
and do it BEFORE the kids are up
Oh, snafu... you crack me up.

(But seriously... the TV is in the room between their bedrooms. I'd wake everyone up. )

ETA... yeah, we have a foosball table that thankfully folds up and stores against the wall. It was a lot of fun at the time. The good thing about the Wii Fit (if you already have a Wii) is that it doesn't take hardly any room. The hardest part about setting it up (for me) is that I have to move a heavy TV to unhook XBox cables and hook up Wii cables but not unhook DVR cables and and and... I don't like doing that.
Old January 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Hey Kaykay!!!

My son just got the wii fit...he wanted it for Christmas but it was snapped up each time a consignment came in

I laughed today to see Yoga on it....so we can all have a go....

It does weigh you and comment on your weight

My very athletic 18yrs old ,slim and tall was told he had the body of a 30yr old...not what he wanted to hear and he doesnt know it gets worse!!!No idea how it came up wuth that diagnosis!!
Old March 24th, 2009, 07:16 PM
future crazy cat lady

Well, my Wii fit is being shipped to me - no one has them in stock & I didn't want to fight a crowd/wait in a line when they come in - so I ordered mine on-line. To me its worth it to pay $6 to have it delivered - we'll have to have a Wii fit contest this summer - who's scores change the most/greatest percentage

(or maybe who gets the most caustic comments{a la Simon Cowel})
Closed Thread