Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old September 9th, 2008, 06:00 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough
Sometimes it's about perspective.

I had worked pretty hard this summer at trying to lose a few pounds. I gave up my beloved Coke. I worked hard in the garden, swam, walked to the grocery store, watched what I ate. I didn't lose a lot of weight, but it was enough to make my size 12's comfortable.

Well, last night I tried to get dressed for class. I reached into my closet and tried to put on my brown slacks for the first time in 6 weeks. I got them up and buttoned, but they were so tight. I was ready to cry. I couldn't believe this! How could I have gained back all that weight in 6 weeks and not know it?

So I took the pants off. Then I realized, I took them off the wrong shelf. These were a pair of pre-pregnancy slacks (yes, I bought the same brand/style in different sizes-- it's my uniform). So instead of growing out of the larger size, I actually got a smaller size buttoned.

From deep depression to almost elation. So now I'm feeling encouraged. Had it been that I gained the weight back, I think I'd have drunk a 2-liter of soda today, feeling sorry for myself.
Old September 9th, 2008, 06:45 AM

Oogie is on a distinguished road
Re: Sometimes it's about perspective.

Well done - losing weight is never easy. That is great motivation! Keep up the good work and soon you will fit into those pre-preggie ones!
Old September 9th, 2008, 07:03 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie View Post
Well done - losing weight is never easy. That is great motivation! Keep up the good work and soon you will fit into those pre-preggie ones!
One can only hope. But the truth is that DD is 4, and those pre-preggie ones are still much larger than the ones I wore before I gained weight before I got pregnant. I still got a long way to go. sigh.
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:11 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Way to go 1dil! Woo-hoo!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats DIL!!

I wish I could say the same for myself - my weight varies by a few pounds- but those few pounds affect wheather or not my pants fit comfortabally (sp).
Old September 9th, 2008, 10:37 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

That's AWESOME 1dil!! So happy for you! (And jealous too!)
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Good for you, 1dil.

It sounds like you managed to incorporate a lot of movement into your regular routine. Are you planning on keeping those activities regular?

I am just thinking about winter coming and what I can do myself to keep me and the kids moving.

I used to have walking as my sole mode of transportation. (I love walking.) It is a bit dangerous and impractical in the area we are in now with kids. I think driving everywhere has added a couple of sizes (along with my almost daily chocolate habit). Good for you for letting go of the Coke.
Closed Thread