Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old January 11th, 2010, 08:24 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Wii fit plus

I bought the plus (but I haven't used it yet)

I like the upgrades/changes from the reg. fit though. It measures calories burned (approximates) AND you can plan/follow a set workout. You can also pickout what skills/body parts you need to work on.

DS likes the new balance games (great since we had a snow day, then school cancelled due to extreme cold) and the fact that we can put our pets on there.

Grubby - have you guys tried yours out yet? If you have any tips let me know.
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:47 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wii fit plus

I finally used it. I like the pre-planed workouts. There's a place where you can chart you waist size on the graph my BMI is fine but my FBR is awful

(FBR = flab to body ratio- can you tell I made that term up? )

I'm going to try to do one or two different pre-planed workouts each night, until I can increase my stanima. Anyone want to join me?
Old January 16th, 2010, 09:36 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

Okay, okay, I'll commit (she says reluctantly), I know I need to.

Sometime this weekend, I WILL UNWRAP THE Wii FIT PLUS CD AND POP IT INTO THE Wii AND DO AT LEAST ONE OF THE WORKOUTS.

There, I said it...(Hi, my name is Blue Skies and I'm an exercise avoider...)
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Okay, the guilt is killing me...I didn't unwrap the Wii Fit Plus yet - I went to, but couldn't find it, then got distracted and never resumed the search.

BUT, I did get on the eliptical for 30 minutes...does that count?
Old January 20th, 2010, 05:40 PM
future crazy cat lady

YES!!!! the eliptical counts (I'm doing the same thing - eliptical one night - fit the next- but I did take 2 days off )

(you can even enter it into your activity log on the Fit/Fit Plus)
Old February 3rd, 2010, 07:31 AM

cathyd63 is on a distinguished road

I got the WII fit plus after Christmas. Does anyone know what kind of exercises on the WII fit would be good for a spare tyre? I'd love to get rid.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 06:19 PM
future crazy cat lady

What have you done so far?

After you choose which Mii is working out & you do the weigh in & balance test, there is a "door" at the bottom left of the screen. Click on it and you can do either pre-planned workouts or plan your own. As I am a visual/ experiencial learner (I am also a visual/experiencal teacher) - I need to do show & tell PLUS "walk" you thru it

There are exercises for toning your waist (but I don't remeber which ones). The pre-planned workouts tell you what they are good for though.

Good Luck and have fun
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:31 PM

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but the Wii Fit Plus is still sitting in it's case, still nicely shrink-wrapped.....I'm hoping to get to it tonight after the 'Wii ones' are in bed...I don''t want them to see me struggle with the set up.

But I have been riding the stationary recumbent bike almost every night. And since the dial is broken, it's set on 'up-hill' or something like that and can't be adjusted. So, I think I'm getting a good work out since I'm huffing and puffing after a minute or two..but I push on anyway, albeit a little slower....
Old May 12th, 2010, 10:09 AM
future crazy cat lady

How's it going Blue Skies?

I've totally failed -

my muscle tone is shot -

I guess I've got my work cut out for me this summer

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old May 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
How's it going Blue Skies?

I've totally failed -
Oh snafu - so have I! I'm so embarrassed! I STILL haven't opend the Wii fit plus box! I've been using the eliptical and the stationary bike about three times a week, and I started with hand weights about a month ago - but last week I pulled something in my back and had to stop for now. I still have not been able to lose that extra Christmas weight and I'm so mad at myself! Summer is fast approaching and I want to lose at least 20 lbs. by Independence Day - soooo I better step it up!

DS and I have taken to riding the tandem bike we have (I bought it as a wedding gift for DH over 16 years ago!). Since we never used it much, DH & I that is, the kids and I (or DH) have been taking it out. It's a lot of fun, but it seems that the parent gets all the exercise since the kids seem to take it easy and just 'go along for the ride' literally, by riding in the back!
Closed Thread