Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old January 19th, 2011, 02:15 AM

Blunt is on a distinguished road
Re: anyone up for being my e-fitness-trainer?

Well you have to avoid eating junk food and all other food containing high calories and fats.Also take green tea twice a day because it will help you in burning your fats very quickly and also controls your cholesterol level..With that you have to do some proper workouts regularly..
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:27 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Yes Blunt - any -processed foods, including fast food. Oy, that stuff is dangerous.

NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP. Come on. That stuff is poison. No modified anything. No preservatives. Please. Just say no.

It's difficult at first. My temptations are those darn processed chocolate chip cookies. I am weak. Even tho they are organic the junk that is in them is killer on the overall health.

This post was bumped from November *I just replied on another thread for you to pay attention to your health...weeerrrddd. Anyway, have you changed anything? Do you keep a journal?

Have you found ways of fitting exercise into your day? Hows the veggies and fruits coming along?

Have you had recent blood work to find if you are deficient in Vit B12? Vit D3? Iron? Have a good blood work up, if you can. Maybe take a whole food supplement/vitamin every other day. Drink pure clean juices instead of that other crud. Trust me, I know. I lived it.

Happier Healthy days to you!!!
Old February 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM

Blue is on a distinguished road

a little update on this"

though i havnt been doing as much exercise as i could be doing, iv been doing a bit of walking. i really like it, just watching the world.. the other day i went to the hills and watched the sun setting.. was very nice, only wish i took my camera so i could show you lot

today though, it was getting dark before i had done any exercise. so instead of a walk, i went on a short bike ride- something i havnt done in a couple of years. though i was breathing quite deeply after about 5 mins in (*cringe*), i slowed down my pace, and eventually i was breathing a bit more "healthily".

however, when i got home, and went inside the strangest thing happened: my vision went very fuzzy/blurred, and my body felt like it was having a panic attack... i have had a fair few panic attacks, and theres no other way of desribing the feeling my body was in. but mentally, i wasnt having one.. has this strange sensation + blurred vision ever happened to any one else here after exercise? and is this something i should tell my doctor about?
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, definitely tell your doctor.
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:06 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

You should talk to your doctor about this. It could be that you had a quick drop in blood pressure.

True story. When I was in my early 20's, a coworker asked me to join her in a workout group. Because neither of us had been active, she signed us both up for a "Senior citizen" group. With all those older people, guess who passed out.

I have low blood pressure issues.
Old February 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM

Blue is on a distinguished road

kaykay- i will do that asap. hopefully tomorrow even, if i can make open surgery in time.

lucy - im so glad that it could be something as simple as blood pressure. i was quite worried that it would be something worse... as for the passing out- that sounds awful!! . oh well, im guessing it couldn't have done you any permanent damage, other than an a little bit embarrassing memory.. but yes, thank you for sharing and of course explaining, i feel better now.
Old February 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I have low blood pressure issues too. That's what I immediately thought of when you started to describe your symptoms, but when you compared it to a panic attack I figured I was wrong. I also thought it might be dehydration.

I'm glad you're out moving around, Blue.
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM

smiley is on a distinguished road

hey Snafu, plz post that formula of urs. i want to check mine. or else u can have my numbers i am 4'11" and 110 lb. no idea about BMI

@ Blue : do check with ur doctoir but it happened to me when i did some cardio after a long BIG break. one really good exercise which u can do regularly and needs no expertise is sit-ups. Start with just 10 or 15 (no more than that). do it for a week (regularly- i mean it) and then increase the numbers accordingly. i can do 30 now without stopping. try it, its gud!
Closed Thread