Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Children

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 10th, 2017, 05:33 AM

JaydeeTas is on a distinguished road
What does DS want from me?

Hi all. It has been a while since I have posted.

My DS is 18 in 4 weeks... In the last 12 months, (since he was 16), it has been a very trying time.

DS is a very jealous boy. His father passed away when he was only 5. I have been in stable relationships since his father passing. One being 7 years, 3 years spent on my own, then 4 years with my last partner.

My last partner and I have had a difficult relationship but, nothing violent. DS never had any issues with me seeing someone, was always respectful and actually got on very well with the chosen partners.

My last partner helped him get his bike license, spent time with him, helped him fix his bike when needed. Was super nice to him..

6 months ago, he started distancing himself and just abused all opportunities given to him. He lost his bike license and his job. It is like he sabotaged every opportunity given to him. Then blamed everyone else for his problems.

One night, DS stole my partners bike. We were both besides ourselves as it was a performance bike. Once we found DS and the bike ok, we had to discuss how we were going to handle this situation. DS was not sorry at all for what he did, even made jokes about it, yet my partner treated him with nothing but respect after the fact. Even helped him fix his bike just 2 days later!!

After everything had died down, I talked to DS and said lets talk about this. Why did he feel the need to do this. He admitted that he wanted to break us up. He didn't like my partner and didn't know why I was with him.... He got what he wanted. 2 months later, my partner left.

I am so hurt. My partner was nothing but supportive from him. I am madly in love with my partner, but, we can't be together now.

What am I meant to do here. I won't abandon my son, but, why should he have control over what I do? When I try to help him, he just disregards what I say, he doesn't respect me, he abuses our home, he comes and goes when he pleases and ironically, now I am alone, he doesn't want to do anything with me.

I have expressed how hurt I feel but, it appears to fall on deaf ears. It is like he has won so he doesn't care