Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Children

Old December 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dressing DD-- Help!

Also, I wonder how old the chart is? I think NZ kids are bigger (in particular, taller) than that chart suggests. There is a new car seat law that says 148cm is the height of an average 7 or 8yo here. (They have to be in car seats/booster seats) until 7.

(average 11.75yo US girls on that chart!)

*imagines trying to get 11yo in a car seat*
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:51 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Car booster seat laws are 135cm or age 12 here! DS is praying at his next clinic that he hits 135cm because he is fed up of being "the ONLY one" his age (11) to still be in a booster seat!

I don't know what to suggest about clothes Lucy. Given my two are in clothes a year younger due to their heights! Scary to think of either of our daughters being taller than us! (Even if that won't be much of an achievement!)
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old December 6th, 2013, 01:59 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

DD is just about eye-to-eye with me. She's in the middle of the pack height wise. I think KayKay is right and the clothes are just small.

But Anns, poor DS, still in a car seat when his friends are out. That must really peeve him. Does he give you a hard time about it?
Old December 6th, 2013, 08:49 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Anns, your poor DS! - But 135 is much more sensible, i'm only just a few cm taller than 148cm!

And you get used to your kids towering over you. My DD is just a shade above average according to that chart, and has been taller than me for years.
Old December 7th, 2013, 12:27 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Some of his friends parents have just never bothered about booster seats in the first place rather than the kids outgrowing them.

I don't think clothes are well made at all nowadays.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old August 10th, 2014, 07:01 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

OMW, DD is fitting back into some of the clothes she grew out of, but boy do they look different! I think part of this was the "filling in" before she started filling out.
Old August 10th, 2014, 06:34 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

And shoots up.
Old December 29th, 2017, 06:29 AM

We had a physical for DD yesterday. What a difference a few years makes!

While her BMI is a little high, it is within normal. I really appreciated the doctor took the time to tell her that he was very happy with her BMI, and especially her weight, because she was all muscle. He told her a lower BMI did not mean that she was healthier. She has been complaining that all the girls are slimmer than she is. While it may be true that many girls her age are thinner than she is, she also knows now that it might not be better to be so thin. Finally, she heard that message from someone other than her mother.

And we no longer have trouble finding clothes she will wear. She's shopping for herself and has developed her own style. She's wearing jeans now. We put elastic in the back to control the "gap," and higher waists are coming back.

Now I'm wishing I could put her back in her OskKosh!
Old January 2nd, 2018, 07:42 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy if you don't mind my asking what size does she wear? Because when I was younger I needed something smaller in the waist, and women's sizes fit better than Junior sizes. Depending on how tall she is, misses petite might fit her better. Hey KK is the one to check with about clothes.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 3rd, 2018, 09:55 AM

In misses petites she is a 4. But they look too old for her, so she wears a juniors 10 from another "trendy" store.