Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old February 24th, 2016, 02:31 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bank of Snafu

I totally agree.....

But ex is the one with the problem (💵 wise), it is now between DS and ex .... I'm staying out of it .... (DS has the 💵-it's less than $50)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old February 24th, 2016, 03:03 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Good job, snafu. Sad that your ex couldn't come up with that money, but I'm proud of your DS that he can!
Old March 11th, 2016, 05:42 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

For DS's duel credit class the bill was copied and mailed to ex... after he got it he wanted to discuss the info when we met ... I told him to read it & call the school if he had questions, (not in those words) because neither of us had a copy with us.

I don't know how often checks are deposited into students band accounts (bi-weekly, monthly) but last weekend ex said he sent the $ for DS's band trip (a week late, money was due on the 1st) - it still not shown up in the band account .... good thing DS paid

Old October 3rd, 2016, 08:23 PM
future crazy cat lady

dumb @#$%

ok, so snafu is miss cranky pants tonight

the tuition for one of DS's dual credit classes was due today (ex has had a copy of the bill for about 2 weeks - I never realized that college sends the bill and, bam..., they want the $$$)

anyway - as ex hadn't paid as of Thursday, DS made sure to get the directions for paying on-line to his dad Friday.

Today I get a phone call at 12:15 from ex .... he couldn't get the on-line payment to work/go through.

I told him I couldn't do anything - its due today - he should call and see if they'll take the payment over the phone.

He told me that was his plan (yeah, right ... he would have called them not me - there was no reason to call me)

... happy ending - he was able to do it over the phone

Old October 4th, 2016, 01:34 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Snafu! You managed the situation well and made sure that ex couldn't play hot potato with his responsibilities!

I'm proud of you! <3
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old October 4th, 2016, 04:33 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!
Old October 5th, 2016, 07:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

I did fume about it .... but I got over it

Old June 11th, 2017, 11:49 AM
future crazy cat lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post

I need suggestions on how to talk with DS, so that he doesn't become a "bank"
DS's grandma (former MIL) gave him a nice sized check for graduation - guess who has it

Old June 11th, 2017, 12:36 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
DS's grandma (former MIL) gave him a nice sized check for graduation - guess who has it
How did he get it and what is he going to do with it? If he is worried about his dad cashing his check and he has asked you for help, you could encourage DS to talk to his DF. And if he doesn't like the result of that call, he can call his GM and ask her to stop payment on it.

IF DS hasn't asked for help, you'll have to watch him fail.
Old June 11th, 2017, 12:40 PM
future crazy cat lady

he's told me about it, but I don't speak teen .... I don't know if he's looking for help or just venting

suggestions?