Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old December 13th, 2017, 03:38 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of
Fa - La - La - fa get about it La!

I put a new white Christmas tree up last night. Usually it's a REAL tree, but this one was cheap and small -- No working lites

On to store for white wire italian lights (they were called back in the 80-90s). Four stores later, I give up and buy green *what? on a WHITE tree?? It's getting late and doggy has to go out by now.

Get home, string up lights - yech green wire...get the orniements unpacked and all over floor -- can't.find.hooks.

Am now using safety pins to hang them and it is beginning to hurt...alot.

I leave the tree as is for tomorrow to find white wire lights and hooks for ornaments.

It's a pleasant day. Almost warm. Dry. A little bit of sun. I feel GOOD--not needing gloves, scarf or even the BIG heavy coat - woohoo!

First store - lights: YES! Hooks: none. (sold out)

Second store: none - sold out. (Getting a bit cloudy out side too. )

Third store: "Oh, you want the over the door hooks?" Me: "No, the hooks for ornaments to hang on the tree" Them: You mean the hooks you put in a china cabinet? Me: "No. The thin wire hooks to hang ornaments onto the Christmas tree".
Them: "Oh, I don't know if we ever had that kind. You could try string. Or pipe cleaners." Me: "hmm, k. bye. thanks"

Fourth store: Sort of: Very thick decorative types that are very costly. (And Its beginning to SNOW)

Fifth store: "Try a Hallmark or a Dollar Store." Me: "where?"

*At this point, I am not even close to one of those above mentioned. Would mean a long trek back to Store One. It is now windy/sleet with freezy rain.

I try a Kmart, the Sixth store:
"Well, if we had them they'd be on the back wall." Me: "Oh, I looked and they aren't there."

At this point a woman heard me and suggested the dollar store that is hidden across the street in a strip mall...no one even knows it is there. It is freezing. Why didn't I wear gloves? The BIG winter coat? Raining AND sleeting. VERY WINDY! stuff is freezing up on the windows faster than the wipers can push away...oh no...

SEVENTH STORE: "Yes, down the candy isle on the third shelf in a box.

Me: " I FOUND THEM!! THANK YOU!!" * I almost cried with sheer happiness.

Took 3-1/2 hours and half tank of gas, and maybe some frost bite. But it looks so much nicer with the white lights and NO safety pins holding the ornaments onto the tree.

Merry Christmas to ALL~

...land of the free. kind of...maybe...not so much.
Old December 13th, 2017, 07:47 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fa - La - La - fa get about it La!

OMG, that could be a sitcom!

Merry Christmas. I'll bet the tree is beautiful!
Old December 15th, 2017, 07:20 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... Glad you found them! I'd offer a box of kleenix to dry your happy tears, but... I'm to late as usual.
Old December 20th, 2017, 01:15 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
OMG, that could be a sitcom!

Merry Christmas. I'll bet the tree is beautiful!
Thank you Lucy! It's a work in progress -

Last year I had my "woodland winter wonders" (lol) tree: brush animals - tiny squirrels, deer, owls, brown/aqua ornaments. Have a big old box of those in storage...

Then I found GIDDIES! from a long time ago...ornaments of ice skaters. I found them to be so cute - which prompted a white tree for this year.

Love my themed trees! Since I no longer do holiday tablescapes -- this is what replaced that. jeesh I need a hobby.

My only "thing" is one ornament that is elusive: Pretty Giddie. She has a pink dress with green bows. There is one on ebay that is being sold along with one that I already have and don't want...but the seller is away.

I have checked everywhere. They do look cute on the tiny white tree and I found vintage shiny brites that match the colors of the skater ornaments.

...land of the free. kind of...maybe...not so much.
Old December 20th, 2017, 04:25 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling so lazy right about now....
Old December 20th, 2017, 06:49 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Your tree sounds fabulous! I love looking at pretty trees.
Old December 23rd, 2017, 08:06 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

(Snafu is off to goggle pretty giddies)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )