Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old December 27th, 2017, 07:19 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of
a new poodle for daughter!!

DD completed application to carolina poodle rescue...she was accepted for a little darling that had been found wandering around ft. bragg last March. (DD lost her almost 17 year old poodle girl last May, 2017 to cancer)

Soooo, dd's mother - me - suggests AND volunteers for a less expensive "road trip" since my car is really great on gas. The pup might NOT like flying, the flight could be delayed and on and on. It's a go, and I am packed. Car is gassed up and I even stopped for some snax to have along the way.

The usuals:

quiona chedder puff balls 3 bags
organic jelly beans
organic bananas/apples
bragg ginger drink
reeds ginger brews
gf grahm crackers
ginger snaps

water.

We left Christmas Eve. 3:15pm-is. From basically Blizzard, IN for Columbus, OH. What a hellacious trip that was. NO VISIBILITY. My car, I named the blueberry for it's about that size, was ALL OVER THE ROAD. But at least still ON the road. Watching suvs fly by to only end up off the road in a shallow ravine. Sad. Note to self: price good winter tires for Blueberry before next road trip!

We "land" in Dublin OH at an amazing marriott for the night. Late. 11pm. NO PLACE SERVING FOOD. Cheese balls and jelly beans it is. We scarfed down two bags in a flash and they are really tasty with jelly beans!!!

This marriott did serve an amazing breakfast tho.

On the road to Rocky Mount NC on Christmas Day.

MOUNTAINS ARE SPOOKIER THAN THE DAN RYAN XWAY IN CHICAGO.

But the weather was wonderful -- blue skies. Warm temps in the 40's

yay. We got a little place for the night that was pet friendly and arrived around 530pm.

Then the foster mom pulls up, with poodle in tow and there goes myheart melting all over the parking lot.

She is adorbs. Has some things. But I - GLAMMA - cleaned her up a bit and at least she looks as if she isn't a street urchin any longer.
(We cannot find any place open for food...I am really hungry. So we end up having breakfast for dinner at a nearby Waffle House. DELICIOUS!! *****FIVE STARS FOR WAFFLE HOUSE)

Made it back to my place last night, 830pm-ish. Made the poodle cutie comfortable. (Oh, on way back in OHIO, stopped at Freshii for dinner. It was amazing! My car smells of onions really bad...hoping time will take care of that)

Now, it's getting her medicals together for her first visit to a new vet. I will take her to my pet's groomer this Friday, and we'll make sure she knows that people are capable of love and not what she was dealt with.

Hope Everyone had an amazing holiday - Chiristmas - and blessings to all for a wonderful new year!!

YAY! I GOT AWAY!
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:28 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: a new poodle for daughter!!

Thank you for giving this guy a forever home for Christmas! Happy New Year!
Old December 27th, 2017, 07:33 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Thank you Lucy! She is such as sweetie.

Happiest of New Year to you, too

YAY! I GOT AWAY!
Old December 27th, 2017, 09:10 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

What a great story! It should be made into a movie! Congratulations on the new puppers, the very best type of Christmas present.
Old December 27th, 2017, 11:53 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Two Thumbs Up!!!
Old January 22nd, 2018, 12:41 PM

Thanks everyone. I had her for a bit and she is really good about being waterproof pad trained! woohoo. I made it a point to paper train my doggies just in case - and there always was an in case on the papers and NO where else.

She is so sweet.

After she left my place, I find myself back at HER moms to stay a week for transition.

I discovered recently a gentle contact lens solution with boric acid takes care of tear stains on white poodles!!

New born baby long sleeve cotton Tshirts are great on this little girl and helps with the below freezing temps on outings.

She has raised feeding/water dish - but to her dismay, it has much less food than she would like - but she really needs to lose a pound or two.

My dd and poodle are visiting me now - and I might just dognap the poodle

YAY! I GOT AWAY!