Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old July 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Pet peaves

What is your biggest pet peave?

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Mese is on a distinguished road
Re: Pet peaves

People who dont pick up their dogs poop
Old July 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
People who dont pick up their dogs poop
- How did you know that someone's dog pooped on the sidewalk in front of my house yesterday?

My pet peave is personal - when I realize/notice I'm doing something that cheeses me off when someone else does it

I also hate being late for things.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 10th, 2010, 04:54 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I have so many....
Old July 10th, 2010, 04:57 PM

ssvs04 is on a distinguished road

Being late for anything drives me crazy. And being right on time just means im all ready 15 minutes late.
Old February 21st, 2013, 12:24 PM
future crazy cat lady

I got a new one

For some reason it irritates me a lot when clerks/cashiers say "Have a good one."

I've tried figuring out why it bothers me so much ... "have a good day" doesn't, and its not a phrase that can be deliberatly misconstrued like "Thank you and come again."

(Teen guys in the drive thru at "Golden Arches" had all kinds of fun with that and the manager didn't "get it" and would get angry with girls not wanting to use that phrase.)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I got a new one

For some reason it irritates me a lot when clerks/cashiers say "Have a good one."

I've tried figuring out why it bothers me so much ... "have a good day" doesn't...
Just another sign that society is getting very casual and loosing some of our good manners. It's fine to say that to a friend but not very professional in the workplace when speaking to a customer.

And when did it become okay to leave the house in the morning in your pajamas??!! I really dislike seeing that. It just looks sloppy.
Old November 15th, 2014, 08:14 AM
future crazy cat lady

got another one

people who stop in a "bottleneck" of a hall/in a store/a doorway and socialize rather than moving 10' to an open area where people can get around them

also the jerk yesterday who felt the need to honk his horn at me because I was in his way (gee, I guess that I should have just turned into oncoming traffic and had an accident so he wouldn't be inconvenienced by having to wait for me to turn; and yes my break lights are all working)
Old November 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
got another one

people who stop in a "bottleneck" of a hall/in a store/a doorway and socialize rather than moving 10' to an open area where people can get around them

also the jerk yesterday who felt the need to honk his horn at me because I was in his way (gee, I guess that I should have just turned into oncoming traffic and had an accident so he wouldn't be inconvenienced by having to wait for me to turn; and yes my break lights are all working)

Yes... People blocking aisles in grocery stores having their "socializing-staff-Meeting" bug me just a wee-bit too. I never say anything though - I'll usually turn the cart around and go to the next aisle.

People that honk for no apparent reason... I drive slow so I'm used to it. Honk away chicken lips!
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:39 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
Yes... People blocking aisles in grocery stores having their "socializing-staff-Meeting" bug me just a wee-bit too. I never say anything though - I'll usually turn the cart around and go to the next aisle.

People that honk for no apparent reason... I drive slow so I'm used to it. Honk away chicken lips!
Ugh, it's the people who say rude things when I'm trying to have my "socialing-staff-meeting" in the grocery store! Thanks for picking the next aisle!

I hate it when I say, "Thank you," and hear either, "Yup," or "No prob," back. "You're welcome" is the appropriate response!