Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old May 6th, 2016, 05:35 PM

memyselfandi will become famous soon enough
Re: Pet peeves

I have many, most of them regarding the rudeness of the general public.

Honk at me all you want behind me butthead, but unfortunately you don't see that there's oncoming traffic.

One time I decided to satisfy the jerk behind me and made a U-turn; bringing me behind HIM. Traffic was heavy at the time but I still beeped at him to move his *** out into the horrific traffic. He threw his arms up in frustration as he looked at me in the rear view.

Nonetheless, I kept beeping in honor of HIS annoying horn since I figured that returning the favor might be nice..

People reap what they sow~!!
Old May 6th, 2016, 06:13 PM

memyselfandi will become famous soon enough
Re: Pet peaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
People who dont pick up their dogs poop
My dad used to have this individual that walked their dog in the area where he lived. These weren't just big dog poop piles, but massive ones..right where my dad used to take out his garbage.

Thankfully my dad has a sense of humor and told me that it was a good thing cows don't fly as he had one pooping on his lawn on a regular basis.

He finally bought some fox pee and placed it all over his front lawn. Then the dog started pooping on his sidewalk.

My dad caught the culprit owner one day, got smart; and decided that since he had to clean it up anyway..started a poop bag where he accumulated all this individual's dog's poop. Didn't take long for that poop bag to fill up and that's where it get's hilarious.

Learning where this person lived from all the other complaining neighbors with big dog poops on their properties also, one neighbor learned where this individual lived and took 4 big poop bags and emptied them right in front of this individuals front door in the middle of the night!!

The individual must walk their poor dog elsewhere now, as we haven't seen them since the last "poop incident.."

LOL!!
Old May 9th, 2016, 05:07 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

That's a good one.

We have a neighbor lady who has four rather large dogs. There yard isn't fenced so when she comes home for work in the evening she'll come out with the dogs two at a time. One of the dogs, a big ol' German Sheppard, will usually run off the lawn and bark at anything and everything. There has been a few times when my wife and I were outside at the time and the dog will start heading in our direction. My wife, who is scared of big dogs, will head for the door - I usually do too. The lady has assured us the dog is harmless - which, for the most part... is. However, a dog is a dog and since it's not my dog, it's unpredictable. I have asked her that if she sees my GKids outside that she keep the dog on a leash. Kids running, playing and making noise can become a problem for a dog. Does she? Not at all. She usually comes home well after the GKids have been picked up by mom or dad. But still... She could have respected my concern. Maybe she doesn't realize that I'm one of those people that won't think twice about taking her butt to court if her uncontrolled dog ever bites someone I care for. She's kind of arrogant, but so am I.
Old May 16th, 2016, 06:57 PM

PeeWeeMomOf3 will become famous soon enough
Angry Re: Pet peaves

My pet peeve - when my family put nearly empty food containers or beverages back in the pantry or fridge. Grrrrrrrr!
Old May 16th, 2016, 08:24 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

^LOL - oh, my DH has to be among the world's worst at that, PeeWeeMom. There's a story circulating around the forum that I told once (and still gets referred to every so often) about the empty box of Girl Scout Thin Mints I had in the freezer and found empty when I finally gave in to temptation.

But the way he avoids it is even worse. He opens up a second container of something rather than get too close to the bottom. So at any given moment I have two containers of Half and Half open, two jars of peanut butter, two containers of milk, two loaves of bread...
Old May 17th, 2016, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
^LOL - oh, my DH has to be among the world's worst at that, PeeWeeMom. There's a story circulating around the forum that I told once (and still gets referred to every so often) about the empty box of Girl Scout Thin Mints I had in the freezer and found empty when I finally gave in to temptation.

But the way he avoids it is even worse. He opens up a second container of something rather than get too close to the bottom. So at any given moment I have two containers of Half and Half open, two jars of peanut butter, two containers of milk, two loaves of bread...
LOL! My husband, and now my kids, are the same as yours in that respect! 2 jars of peanut butter in the pantry now!

OMGoodness over the hidden Thin Mints!!!!!
Old May 20th, 2016, 04:03 PM

ethanA is on a distinguished road

When people use a message thread with multiple people to try to plan things. There must be a better way!

Last edited by ethanA; May 20th, 2016 at 04:07 PM.
Old May 20th, 2016, 06:25 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanA View Post
When people use a message thread with multiple people to try to plan things. There must be a better way!
True!
Old May 21st, 2016, 04:27 PM

People that knowingly take up 2 parking spaces.
Old May 22nd, 2016, 07:01 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

sadly, I've seen someone take 4 before .... they park their car where the 4 corners meet ex. +

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )