Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old April 10th, 2015, 10:38 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: estranged sibs & estates

That is pretty sad... How much does a person really want.

Reminds me of Ted Turner. He was once asked during an interview how much does he want. His response: "More."
Old April 10th, 2015, 10:45 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
That is pretty sad... How much does a person really want.

Reminds me of Ted Turner. He was once asked during an interview how much does he want. His response: "More."
yeah, its all about greed....my younger sister and brother, they were and still are hurt....

it happens more then we know....
Old April 10th, 2015, 03:18 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

(((hugs))) to all of us who have had (or will have to) deal with this
Old April 10th, 2015, 03:40 PM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I'm sorry your sister did that, Crème.

One of my sisters would go visit my dad (while he was still alive) with an empty suitcase and take a suitcase full of stuff home after each visit. She worked in a business he had started, so she visited once per month. In the grand scheme of things, it was all just "stuff" and I don't need more stuff in my life. But still... the fact that she would do that was really scummy.

Greed is ugly.

Oh my God K???? can't believe she did that...and yeah, stuff, thats all it is....I was the one who stayed with my mom and took care of her.....no one else came in until the end....And I begged my older sister to get her on oxygen, but she just ignored it....

People never cease to amaze, do they.....

I'm sorry for you K, it really hurts when you see them like that, it's not about the stuff at all....
Old April 10th, 2015, 05:35 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremebrulee View Post
I'm sorry for you K, it really hurts when you see them like that, it's not about the stuff at all....
Thanks Crème, but *shrug*. It has been 30 years. I used to think it was so unfair and awful, and it did hurt. Now I just see it as sad that she had an emptiness she tried to fill with material things. Goodness knows that the stuff that she pilfered from my parents' house won't bring her comfort in her old age.
Old April 11th, 2015, 06:50 AM

KayKay Now I just see it as sad that she had an emptiness she tried to fill with material things.

That is a great way of viewing it...yes, indeed, I know that to be true....thank you...
Old November 21st, 2018, 02:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I've come to the realization that most of the "family heirlooms" are just stuff/things...most of which neither of my kids are/will be interested in.

There are just a few things I'd like....

some quilts (as I am the quilter)
a cookie jar (I'm the one who purchased the matching salt & pepper shakers and creamer for DM)
stuff I've given DM over the years

...and that's about it

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )