Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old January 5th, 2018, 08:19 AM
was here. I think.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overindulged the grandkids.

Oh well... Guess we'll have to settle for Taco Bell. LOL

I think you can figure out a way to be there for the grandkids when they need you, yet let your son know his definition of responsibility and behavior to it is not appropriate for a father.
Old January 6th, 2018, 08:37 AM

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road
Update!

Well, my DS got engaged last night. I did know this was about to happen but now I am a little surprised they are saying the tentative date is on Easter, April 1st!

What this means is I will be (hopefully) OUT OF HIS FINANCES forever. They will get a joint account and they will either sink or swim together, financially.

As I said before, she is NOT the type to let utility bills go unpaid, I hate to keep bringing it up, but to me that is an extreme show of irresponsibility for a single father with half time custody of his children. So I really believe that some things will be much better after they are married. It is funny how this thread got a little side tracked into the back issues as I really started it based on the scene that happened over me getting the kids "too much stuff" for Christmas. Anyway, thanks to you all for listening and providing thoughtful insights and understanding! (and maybe even a little tough love).
Old January 6th, 2018, 11:46 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post
Anyway, thanks to you all for listening and providing thoughtful insights and understanding! (and maybe even a little tough love).
You are very welcome! I hope you'll stay around and help others with your own insights and understanding, and the tough love!

Congratulations to your son. I wish you all the best of luck.
Old January 6th, 2018, 01:50 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! Good luck with it all, rattlesnake. I am delighted that his fiancée will take over the responsibilities. I hope she knows what she's getting in to! LOL.
Old January 8th, 2018, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Congratulations! Good luck with it all, rattlesnake. I am delighted that his fiancée will take over the responsibilities. I hope she knows what she's getting in to! LOL.
Me too. She knows some about his disorganization, but I'm certain there are things he feels it is unnecessary to tell her.

Quote:
You are very welcome! I hope you'll stay around and help others with your own insights and understanding, and the tough love!
Lucy, I plan to do just that. I like finding friendly places for family related discussions. I'm glad I found this site.
Old January 9th, 2018, 12:27 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Keep us updated about the grandkids

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 10th, 2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
Keep us updated about the grandkids
I will do that.