Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old May 5th, 2016, 12:09 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Grandkids...

I was really tired after work yesterday so I laid down on the sofa and fell asleep. I have no idea how long I was asleep when my GDau literally jumped on my stomach and yelled: "Grandpa, wake up! Pony party!"

There must be something about little kids jumping on the stomachs of sleeping grandparents. The two boys used to do that to me too - except it was Thomas the Train with them.

Didn't do the pony party, but I did wake up.
Old May 5th, 2016, 02:21 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

You don't think their grandmother put them up to it, do you?
Old May 6th, 2016, 05:32 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

LOL... A few years ago she might have.
Old May 17th, 2016, 05:10 AM
is never to loud.

You know your Gkids are getting older when...

...You walk in the door and they don't look up from their tablets or cell phones.
...You say "hello" and the return response is a barely audible grunt.
...You pick them up at the bus stop and the first thing they do is change the radio station.
...A $1 dollar bill just isn't enough to interest them anymore.

GDau: "Gpa. Do you know what we're going to do?"
Gpa: :No, what?"
GDau: "We're going to have an 'epic' pony party."

Loved that new word... "EPIC"

Last week her other GMa visited... My wife asked her if she had fun. Little 4-year olds response: "It was phenominal."
Old May 17th, 2016, 08:29 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Awww.
Old June 8th, 2016, 07:33 AM
is never to loud.

GDau spent last weekend in KC and spent a couple of day with her other GMa. Monday while my wife was making her dinner she asked her how her visit was... It went something like this...

GMa: Did you have fun at GMa O's?
GDau: Yes. We worked in the garden.
GMa: That's nice. Did you and GMa O take food from the garden for lunch?
GDau: People don't eat lunch on farms.
GMa: Oh... Well, what did you have for supper?
GDau: We didn't have supper, we had dinner. GMa, on farms it's breakfast and dinner. Not lunch or supper.

Gotta love it...

Same weekend... One of the boys went to KC for a soccer tournament. The other stayed with us because he had a soccer tournament too.

What is really awesome about it is this was the last tournament of the season and both the boys teams won 1st place! It was fantastic!
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:42 AM

That's so sweet. Congrats to your boys!
Old June 8th, 2016, 12:35 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!

I got in a jam with that supper and dinner thing. Early in my marriage I invited my ILs to dinner and they showed up at noon.
Old June 8th, 2016, 09:39 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to the boys, and your GDau is a hoot!
Old July 6th, 2016, 05:20 AM
is never to loud.

Grandma's getting frazzled... She's watching four of the GKids for the next three weeks. LOL