Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know your fellow posters here.

Old May 24th, 2018, 01:38 PM

Tonnie is on a distinguished road
It's been so long..

But i'm back now.

Still danish, still married with kids.. Don't have my cats anymore, sadly. Bølle, the old one, got.. well, old.. so i had to do that nasty call to the vet. He lies in my garden now under some nice flowers. And Gunnar? Well, he never accepted the new cats next door, and went on visits there throug her catdoor to get night-snacks.. Not such a good idea, cause he woke the whole house each time. The dog barked and the cats wanted to fight with him and my neighbor had to get up in the morning to go to work.. So i found a new loving home for him.

The husband and i still go fishing.. a lot. And we go camping whenever we can. The kids are doing well.. I'm home-schooling the youngest.

Last time i was here, i thought i was going to get my pension.. But i became a flexjobber instead. It means i work as much as my health allowes me, but i still get the normal amount that normal workers get.
Works for me.. :-D

Hope to chat more soon.. Tonnie.
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:04 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's been so long..

Welcome back, Tonnie!

I'm sorry about your poor cats, but I'm so happy to hear you are flexing your work schedule. And homeschooling on top of that? That's a lot!
Old May 24th, 2018, 02:36 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Tonnie!
Old May 24th, 2018, 10:30 PM

Thank you, ladies.. I remember you two.. You're still here. Some things never change.

I'm off to work in a minute.. The weather is warm, sunny and i'm going to enjoy my 4 minute walk to job.
That's the best part of living in a small town.. You have everything near by. Sara, my eldest, takes her bike to school; it's only one kilometer.
Martin, the youngest, still sleeps; dad is home today, he's a flexjobber too, so they can do a bit of math when he wakes up..

I wish you all a great day.
Old May 29th, 2018, 07:31 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I admire you for homeschooling.....

Did you homeschool the other kids to start with?

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old May 30th, 2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I admire you for homeschooling.....

Did you homeschool the other kids to start with?
No.. It's only because Martin had some temper issues. He doesn't really fit in, sort of.
I don't know if he felt stressed when he arrived in school in the morning, but something set his alarmbells off.. Every day he ended up in fights or arguments, and the headmaster called us and asked us to come and pick him up.
It made it a little hard at work.. Had to run off all the time in the middle of a workday. That doesn't make your boss happy..

So the choise was either another school or simply let him have a break and be homeschooled. I'm always home at noon, so we have plenty of time for schoolwork.