Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old March 29th, 2011, 04:15 AM

jamescorna is on a distinguished road
My family tragic situation?

i and my girlfriend live in my mum's house and we both are 20 in Sydney . my mum is 38 and works in an energy company admin sector and she found a new Indian boyfriend and he is just 19 (even he is younger than myself) and full time university student.
his family is rich in Mumbai, India and get more money from India and he spends substantial amount of money for my mum also. . he is living with my mum
now my mum is 5 weeks pregnant (expecting her ND child)
sometime they are locking their lips in front of us
i and my gf really get annoyed by my mum's new relationship
because, the age difference in their relationship is too big and he is an Indian annoying with Indian accent
i don't really know how to advise her ?
i think my mum just has an interracial attraction with him and he has the same sort of attraction . .
advices please . .
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:25 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My family tragic situation?

Advice? Your mom is 38 years old and can run her own affairs. She's not asking you for advice and so you should not be offering her any.

However, you can tell her that those public displays of affection make you uncomfortable. You can also consider finding your own place in the world now that you're 20.
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:02 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Well... At least your mum's getting tapped by someone with a pulse.
Old March 29th, 2011, 08:09 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

when I was in high school my BFF's family was from India...

- here's my take - its really weirding you out that your soon to be half sibs DF is younger than you... to be honest, in the same situation I'd probally be weirded out too.

-that being said - are you & your gf self supporting? If so, you can move out into your own place so that the PDAs don't bother you. If you're not self supporting tough - as you said you're living in her house, so her home, her rules

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:18 AM

Priscille will become famous soon enough

Interracial relationships are beautiful and rich on so many levels. Age difference usually make eyebrows lift when the woman is older, not when the man is... I wonder why?

James, I personally see many opportunities in the family situation you have just described. But somehow you see it as 'tragic'. Why do you think that is? Try and be specific. What is difficult about it for you? How does the situation make you feel? angry? frustrated? sad? guilty? Try and be specific about what bothers you most.
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:56 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see anything wrong with your mother seeing a younger guy. When I was 21 I was dating a 33 year old woman. We had a great relationship and really enjoyed each others company. Leave you mum alone. She deserves a life too.
Old March 30th, 2011, 07:24 AM

cinay is on a distinguished road

I feel like your mom is a grown woman and should be able to make her own choices and if its making her happy then you should leave her alone about it. Just because you don't like someone dosen't mean she don't. If he was doing something horrible to her like beating her or something then I could understand you saying something but it sounds like she is being treated very well by him so why try to mess things up for her. It may be weird that he is younger than you but he is of legal age and he may be really mature for his age. You did say that you and your girlfriend were 20 and living with your mom, my suggestion would be if you don't like seeing whats going on with your mom then maybe you and your girlfriend should get an apartment of your own.
Old July 14th, 2011, 11:45 AM

psi is on a distinguished road

this is strange but you need to accept this