Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Closed Thread

Old July 29th, 2011, 05:53 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Urgent! Does my dad hate me?

Jimmy, this thread has consisted of little more than you repeatedly asking if your dad can be counted on or will come around. All of us participating in it have given our opinions that it seems unlikely, and suggested that you move forward with your treatment without him.

Is there anything else you'd like to talk about? It doesn't seem like this thread has been helpful to you and if no forward progress is being made it might be time for me to lock the thread. We are beating a dead horse here.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:01 PM

Jimmy Dobsone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Jimmy, this thread has consisted of little more than you repeatedly asking if your dad can be counted on or will come around. All of us participating in it have given our opinions that it seems unlikely, and suggested that you move forward with your treatment without him.

Is there anything else you'd like to talk about? It doesn't seem like this thread has been helpful to you and if no forward progress is being made it might be time for me to lock the thread. We are beating a dead horse here.
No, my purpose was to get only that answered. Unless some one else has any thing to add.
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I've stayed out of this because...well... I didn't think I had anything constructive to contribute.

That being said - I've got to ask - are you close to any of your friends' families? My suggestion is to look to them (your friends & thier families - if you're close) for moral support.

You are not the only one who has/had a "non-parent".

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
I've stayed out of this because...well... I didn't think I had anything constructive to contribute.

That being said - I've got to ask - are you close to any of your friends' families? My suggestion is to look to them (your friends & thier families - if you're close) for moral support.

You are not the only one who has/had a "non-parent".
hi snafu. No i'm not close to them. Have only really had my dad my whole life. Once he wasn't there it's basically like I am on the street. That's why I'm so hesitant to write him off. Because I have no car, no money, no job, very bad credit and 50,000 debt. So what ever I do it will be like building from scratch. I dont know if I can especially with cancer.

Last edited by Jimmy Dobsone; July 29th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

My GFIL was 12 years old when he boarded a ship (alone) from his home country and left for America. He had no car, no money, no job, no education and spoke no English. Point being that people in your position (and worse) build from scratch all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Dobsone View Post
Unless some one else has any thing to add.
I do. I think you need to go back to the free clinic and ask for two things. (1) A proper diagnosis and assistance entering the proper channels for free medical care and (2) a referral to a counselor who can help you come to terms with your illness and your father's indifference.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:45 PM

I wanted to give a up date on the prognosis. The doc said there's no doubt there is cancer. I also have contacted all avaialble government agencies and they tell me the same thing. That I must wait. The line is long. I said to my father last night that my cancer is getting worse and I cannot get out of bed most of the day. He laughed and said "well toughen up". It looks like I'll have to figure out a way on my own how to beat this. Dunno where too start though.
Old August 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM

So you got in to get a second opinion at the free clinic, had more testing done, got the results back and contacted all available government agencies between Friday night and Monday afternoon? I'm impressed. Certainly someone with that kind of moxie can figure out something.

I saw where you posted your story on all kinds of other websites. I hope they are able to help you more than we have.
Old August 1st, 2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
So you got in to get a second opinion at the free clinic, had more testing done, got the results back and contacted all available government agencies between Friday night and Monday afternoon? I'm impressed. Certainly someone with that kind of moxie can figure out something.

I saw where you posted your story on all kinds of other websites. I hope they are able to help you more than we have.
hi kay. No they said I dont need additional tests. They have already done blood test 2x on me more than 1 year ago. Their not going to do it again and were clear on that. all the govt agencys know me quite well. I'm not surpised by their quick answers since im already on file.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 04:48 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Dobsone View Post
hi kay. No they said I dont need additional tests. They have already done blood test 2x on me more than 1 year ago. Their not going to do it again and were clear on that. all the govt agencys know me quite well. I'm not surpised by their quick answers since im already on file.
Dude, your type of bone cancer CANNOT be diagnosed with a blood test. That's what KayKay has been telling you. IF you actually had cancer, THEN you could be approved. But since you DO NOT have a diagnosis, NO ONE can do anything for you--- not us, not the other sites on the web, not the hospitals, the ACS, not the government agencies, not your father.

Perhaps your father is as suspicious as I am right now? Or maybe he already knows that you're trying to run a scam and he's not going to give you any more money?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
Dude, your type of bone cancer CANNOT be diagnosed with a blood test. That's what KayKay has been telling you. IF you actually had cancer, THEN you could be approved. But since you DO NOT have a diagnosis, NO ONE can do anything for you--- not us, not the other sites on the web, not the hospitals, the ACS, not the government agencies, not your father.

Perhaps your father is as suspicious as I am right now? Or maybe he already knows that you're trying to run a scam and he's not going to give you any more money?
I believe the free health clinic. The ER I went to said the findings of the clinic were right even thoug they didnt do their own test.
Closed Thread