Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Hobbies and Crafts

Hobbies and Crafts A place for crafting and other hobbies

Old November 30th, 2015, 09:38 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reupholstering furniture?

So, it took almost 2 years and I talked DH into doing the chair with me. It came out way better than I thought, and it only took a couple of hours! Best, it was $85. How can you beat that?

Unfortunately, I can't insert an image.

Now, we're upcycling an old hutch into a "bar." I like it in black way better than I did the brown!
Old November 30th, 2015, 11:57 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

If its any help, I redid a set of six dining room chairs with the cushion part on the bottom. I bought the fabric as a remnant from a furniture shop that makes furniture and worked out how much I need first and then found some for about $10. I bought a gun stapler, like the school type ones you put stuff on walls with. It worked out great,you can do it yourself. One tip is to make sure you have enough overhang to fold over,say about 4-5cms over the edge. I enjoyed it it was fun!!.
Old November 30th, 2015, 12:47 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

I'd forgotten this thread, lol. Our dining chairs looked fabulous after i'd done them, at least in my own humble opinion. I did the kitchen barstools to match too. - Now the table needs resurfacing, but DH is making noises about doing that.
Old November 30th, 2015, 02:08 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

We Got Skillz!!!
Old November 30th, 2015, 07:03 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Reupholstering furniture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
We Got Skillz!!!
Sisterz are doing it for themselves!!!
Old November 30th, 2015, 10:04 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Yay, us!

Lucy, why can't you put up pictures? - Going to see if i can find pics of my chairs, lol.
Old December 1st, 2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
Yay, us!

Lucy, why can't you put up pictures? - Going to see if i can find pics of my chairs, lol.
I can't upload them just like I can't use the smilies, quotes, and reputation.
Old December 1st, 2015, 08:45 AM

I couldn't find any "before" pics of my chairs, either.