Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Hobbies and Crafts

Hobbies and Crafts A place for crafting and other hobbies

Old October 11th, 2016, 11:44 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is your fav TV Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
Most recent list... No specific order...

Person of Interest
CSI
Blue Bloods
Judge Judy
Hawaii 5-O
Homicide Hunter
Sunday Night Football (if I'm interested in the teams who are playing)
Outlander
Dr Phil

The Dr Phil one is funny because I have to compete with Bubble Guppies when my Gdau is over.
Updated Version...

Blue Bloods
Homicide Hunter
Dr Phil
Gotham
Pretty much anything on the ID channel
The Voice
Old October 11th, 2016, 11:51 AM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so mine are:

Married at first sight
SVU
Seven year switch
What really happens in Thailand
What really happens in Brisbane
The news
Hawaii 5/0
NCIS
Poldark
Old October 11th, 2016, 12:02 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Married at First Sight... I've watched a few episodes with my wife. That show is amazingly crazy. First... I just can't fathom the idea of marrying someone you just met. That's almost insane-crazy! Then, if it doesn't work out... You see the counselor and they ask you if you're going to try to hang in there or get a divorce! To me it's degrading to the commitment of what a marriage is supposed to be. What's the hidden message in the show? If it doesn't work... No biggie - just bail. That's cheap.

Ratings... All in the name of the almighty dollar.
Old October 11th, 2016, 01:28 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Married at First Sight... I've watched a few episodes with my wife. That show is amazingly crazy. First... I just can't fathom the idea of marrying someone you just met. That's almost insane-crazy! Then, if it doesn't work out... You see the counselor and they ask you if you're going to try to hang in there or get a divorce! To me it's degrading to the commitment of what a marriage is supposed to be. What's the hidden message in the show? If it doesn't work... No biggie - just bail. That's cheap.

Ratings... All in the name of the almighty dollar.
Its more than likely not going to work,but the participants are often desperate people to some point,and they know they will get a free wedding that is done very well and worth more than what they could probably do for themselves. They dont realise that because there is 99% chance of either not liking their match,and not being compatible that they just become reality TV entertainment for us.

I like to watch because Im interested in human psychology and what drives people and why they do things....behavier stuff.

The message is,dont go on reality TV and make an idiot of yourself,doing something you know is going to turn to custard. But the channel doesnt really care about the people,they just want the ratings and the viewers.Its all about keeping their jobs at the channel really.

We have a new series just started here in NZ which is a hoot and their are some funny people on it. I dont usually bother with this stuff,but its just so funny,its married at first sight....it also includes a same sex marriage.

There was an Australia one recently called 7 year switch,it was about 4 couples who's relationships were in danger of breakup being together up to 7 years,they were at different stages too,and they agree to swap partners with each other,living in fabulous homes for a few weeks and do marriage therapy with their new live in partner. They are strategically paired up with someone that will suit them and could even possibly tempt them even??.That was an interesting prog and is viewable online.It then showed what each couple had decided to do in their future whether to continue or not in their original situation....one couple did not survive,a half half surprise on that one....very interesting.

Last edited by Catwoman; October 11th, 2016 at 01:36 PM.
Old October 11th, 2016, 03:35 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
The message is,dont go on reality TV and make an idiot of yourself,doing something you know is going to turn to custard. But the channel doesnt really care about the people,they just want the ratings and the viewers.Its all about keeping their jobs at the channel really.
Mostly I wish people would learn and stop going on reality shows! LOL.

Seriously... bring back the sitcom with canned laughter, please. My poor sensitivities can't handle "reality."
Old October 12th, 2016, 05:06 AM
is never to loud.

Some of these reality shows are just mind boggling. I have to ask myself... Why do they subject themselves to these manipulative edited shows? I have seen a couple that were actually pretty decent... Like the one that went on for years about the Little People who lived on that farm (forgot the name). I liked that one. Then there was Kate and... some dude plus eight. That was pretty good too. Now you might as well put the censors on with some of the things they say and do.
Old October 12th, 2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Some of these reality shows are just mind boggling. I have to ask myself... Why do they subject themselves to these manipulative edited shows? I have seen a couple that were actually pretty decent... Like the one that went on for years about the Little People who lived on that farm (forgot the name). I liked that one. Then there was Kate and... some dude plus eight. That was pretty good too. Now you might as well put the censors on with some of the things they say and do.
I think people are actually lured in by the fact they will be getting something for free. But not everything for free is a great gift lol. The free big lavish wedding, the whole wedding day idea and being made a fuss of with all the trimmings and some people fantasise about that forever,forgetting its what happens afterwards is what matters. Then they complain later that the footage of them looks terrible and embarrassing etc. I cant believe they dont realise what its really about?,and the channel knows its not going to work out,so they have something to film.They also dont realise that its a set up,where they are paired with opposites too.
Old October 16th, 2016, 08:51 AM
a beautiful disaster.

emily is on a distinguished road

downton abby

the chase

code black

the first 48

lion guard

big bang theory

family guy

south park

american dad

50 ways to kill your mammy

the inbetweeners

family fortunes/ feud

russel howard's good news

american idol

emmerdale

benidorm

big brother
any survival type show (I love bear grills)
Old October 17th, 2016, 05:25 AM
is never to loud.

South Park! Oh NOOOooo!!!! Not that show.

Saw a commercial for an Ausi Reality show last night... Seven Year Switch! Gawd... What the heck is going on with television? It's going crazy.
Old November 10th, 2016, 10:07 AM

So I just finished watching "Married at first sight" season 2 in Aussy and out of 5 couples none of them survived. Two of them didnt make it past the honeymoon even including the male gay couple,but I think it was because they were both bossy,vain divas lol.It was funny at the end 3 couples on the final episode met up and said in their final decision they would go away and meet up outside of the show to see if they could make a go of it away from the cameras and they walked off into the sunset,but when I googled them as a "what happened after the show?", it said they all went their separate ways in the end. It seemed to me that all of them them had potential however I saw a lot of selfishness and self importance get in the way of making a go of it with the other person. They were filmed for three weeks from their wedding day and given marriage counselling by 3 professionals to help with guidance,but even after sleeping together for 3 weeks they went back to wanting to be single. One guy who was a marketing executive said his bride wasn't attractive enough for him,but she was just a normal person with average looks like most of us do and had a slightly heavier figure and presented her self beautifully and made a lot of effort to do that,she was a bright and bubbly person too, with a good job as an account exec.Yet he was no oil painting and I dont think many girls were looking at him anyway,truth was he was a bit of a geeky, awkward vain guy. He was so arrogant and even after she told him that he hurt her in tears when he told her on the honeymoon she wasnt attractive enough at a dinner party a few weeks later for all the couples he still did not even say sorry. He was an arrogant idiot, he turned up to his wedding day in a baby pink jacket and navy pants?,and stood the whole time with his hands behind his back during the ceremony complaining to the cameras he didnt like his bride,.......it was interesting watching them all thinking they could magically get what they wanted,but werent happy compromise to do any work to see how to do that?......one girl and guy I thought would really last were right into each other,but after talking to one of her male friends she decided she wasnt really interested in him,she even told him again on decision day she was in love with him. They were very well matched but in the end she said she couldnt not budge from her single carefree lifestyle at 30 sighting different lifestyles because they werent living together as a couple, she didnt wat to live together either and that hurt him greatly,she was a radio announcer,I think she was a good times girl and her groom actually worked that out before they left the show for the last time together but he decided to give her another chnace,these two were right into each other on the day they married and she even said she loved him first, he was gorgeous and sincere, he was a designer and had matching bracelets and watches made for them too, and dumped him in the end,I think she was a stuck up little prat who just loved attention....all of them were 28 to mid 30s......I saw a lot of selfishness and vanity actually.

I said to my husband gosh after 17 years we are still here lol?......when you look back at the many stages you go through in that time, I think if I ran off every time there was a little fight or a disagreement or a crisis I wouldnt have lasted 5 mins lol, not that we even argue much anyway,but even the best of couples argue.....these days younger couples just arent willing to give anything up for someone else I think,and they have romantic ideas about a partner being wealthy etc being able to look after them?,you also barely know someone after only 3 weeks,you don't even know what they like to eat at that stage,if you fancy them I say give it a few months at least before making a decision?..only a couple of them were genuinely looking for a life partner,the rest I dont know why they even applied for the show?..quite amusing really,great train wreck TV....some of them made themselves look like right idiots!!!.

Last edited by Catwoman; November 10th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.