Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old February 26th, 2015, 04:47 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Odd Allergy(ies)

I was just reminded of one I have last night -

It's been a rough few days & I stopped by "Specialty Lush Bath" products place and grabbed a few things. Then went home to enjoy a soak in the tub - and used the citrus scented "bomb" - my skin reacted as if I'd been burned (puffy, red, and itchy). I called the place and found out that it had grapefruit juice in it.

I react to grapefruit juice in things like shampoo - I never even thought to check the bath stuff.

The store is going to give me a free thingy (and none of the other stuff I bought has grapefruit juice in it)
Old February 26th, 2015, 09:53 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, No! What a thing to hapen when you are trying to indulge in a well deserved pamper.

Mine is sun screen. Any of it. And i live in NZ, the worst place in the world for sun burn......
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:50 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post
Thank you so much snafu. She/we even have to watch for personal care products *many hair conditioners use wheat. I had no idea. Now, gum? The stuff is everywhere.

She gets terrible sores in her mouth with many of the gluten foods and then she gets grouchy. She is bummed when friends' invites are to restaurants, pubs, places where gluten is lurking. She hates to constantly explain why she is only eating dry lettuce/veggies or skinless chicken, but that's life. She says she's tired of being the freak of the group.
Hi There Maura....
I feel so bad for her, or for anyone who has allergies as such....must be difficult for her....sending hugs....
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:52 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

I have I guess? An allergy to dry heat....must keep my thermostate at no higher then 66 degrees and run a cool mist humidifier, otherwise, my nose starts to hurt, bleed, and the pain shoots up in my head....cannot run the fireplace long either.
Old June 11th, 2015, 05:21 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have a friend who had an odd cat allergy .... dander didn't bother her, but the saliva = huge red welts (no kitty kisses for her)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 7th, 2018, 12:15 PM
future crazy cat lady

Former co-worker was allergic to aged cheese

Friend of my son reacts badly to cafinee

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old February 19th, 2018, 02:49 PM

rogerflash is on a distinguished road

My body starts itching, when I'm working(coding) and can't find a solution for a task. Is it an allergy ? ))