Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old November 17th, 2014, 07:45 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pet peaves

Pet peeve of the moment: When someone hands me something at a bad time for me to take it. For example, today someone playfully tossed a football to me which would normally not be a problem except that I clearly had both hands full. Then I uncharacteristically took a nap (have been sick lately) and DH came home and woke me up to hand me some mail. Then there are the typical stirring-something-on-the-stove "Here, Mom, they gave this to us at school today" incidents.

Sigh.
Old November 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

This thread was fun and funny to read.
first, Kaykay, sure hope you feel better real soon.

Pet Peeves, I have so many....

1. People who are walking out of a convenience store and do not know which side is the "in door" and which side is "the out door"....so, they walk thru both, see you waiting and do not hold the door.

2. People walking down the halls or pavement in your lane, not watching and looking down at their phones....

3. People who stand in front of me talking, and are rubbing their index finger and thumb down a folded piece of paper...eeeee god, that is like someone scratching their nails down a chalkboard to me.

4. People who are constantly taking their photos every single day and posting them on FB? And I mean everyday....I wonder if they know how irritating that is....lol
Old December 13th, 2014, 05:27 AM

memyselfandi will become famous soon enough

What bothers me most is when clerks say, "Just this?"

Why do they say that??!!

What do they say when a person checks out with an overflowing cart??

"Will that be all??"
Old December 13th, 2014, 05:32 AM

How 'bout when they hand you your change..bills on the bottom and change on top??!
Old December 13th, 2014, 05:41 AM

I was at a stop sign crossing a busy street and this idiot was behind me honking his horn.

Since I had the time, I got out of my car and was gonna give the guy a piece of my mind..until I noticed that he was smoking with one hand...talking on his cell phone with the other..and driving with his bare feet..

HA!!!
Old December 13th, 2014, 05:50 AM

One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is when people are walking forward..and looking backwards.

I don't know HOW many people have run into me that are doing this (no matter how much I try to avoid them..they're all over the place yapping away..) and it's gotten to the point that when they excuse themselves, I have a hard time saying, "Watch where you're going!!"
Old December 13th, 2014, 05:56 AM

Or when someone doesn't excuse themselves, but just butts right in front of me.

How bout when you wave someone through in traffic, and they drive through without an even "thank you" wave..

This peeves me so much, I want to follow them in traffic, cut them off..and wave as I do it, kinda like, "Remember me????!"
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:36 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a neighborhood which necessitates a long drive (10 or so miles to get to civilization) on a divided highway with a speed limit of 60. I spend a lot of time driving at highway speeds and developing pet peeves.

My current pet peeve is when people who are going 50 pull out in front of me into the left lane of traffic to pass someone who is going 49 (in a 60mph zone, in good weather and light traffic). Especially when I had planned to pass the person going 49 and move into the right lane in time for my right turn.

This. Is. Not. Safe. Driving. People. Do NOT pull in front of someone on a highway if they're going to have to brake to avoid hitting you.
Old December 16th, 2014, 06:15 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Since we're on the topic of driving... On my way home yesterday this person had stopped in the only lane to make a left turn to cross traffic - completely avoiding the turning lane which was clearly marked. Normally it wouldn't have been such a bad thing, but the car was about 50 feet from the busy intersection and cars were actually backed up into the intersection. The oncoming traffic had a red light so they weren't going anywhere and that traffic was backed up several yards beyond the ding-a-ling effectively preventing him from turning into his destined parking lot.

So now the traffic lights switch over, cars are going nowhere because this guy blocked traffic. People behind him are honking; people everywhere are honking. Finally... this guy apparently figures it out and sloooowly pulls into the turning lane to get out of peoples way.
Old December 16th, 2014, 04:33 PM

Pet peeve of the moment:

When my scissors/stapler/hole punch/measuring spoons/flashlight/whatever isn't where it belongs, which coincides with where it was left the last time I used it.