Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old March 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road
Wedding shower gift?

Hey All,

I am not the kind of girl who has had a good deal of girl friends, (long story shortened: I went to 7 high schools, girls were hard on me and hurt me alot, it's been hard for me to trust.)

So, this girl is really nice and marrying my bf friend. I have been invited to her pink themed wedding shower. However, all the internet gift ideas (google "wedding shower gift ideas") just seem so cheesy.

I am kind of well known by my family and bf for being an excellent gift giver, I put time energy, heart and thought into every gift I purchase (my Mom is the worst gift giver ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I learned.). Any cute or fun ideas? I don't want to get her the stadard basket of lotions or sex toys/teddies, etc...
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough
Re: Wedding shower gift?

Some of my favorite gifts were:

A good enamel backing dish filled with kitchen gadgets and good paring knives.
A basket with a cookbook, mixing bowls, measuring spoons, etc.
A trash can with bags, a broom, and a dust pan.
Laundry baskets with laundry detergents.

And my Aunt Lucy, who was in her 70's and lived through the depression, gave me canned goods so I'd never be hungry. That one was my very favorite because it was really filled with well wishes.

The best gift I ever gave was to my best friend. Her grandmother had given me a family recipe years before, written on a card in her handwriting. She passed away before my friend married. I got a picture of her and had that and her recipe framed for my friend.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:05 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

How much do you want to spend? Another strange question - what's your favorite room of the house? (I ask, because it's easier to buy presents for a room which you love.)

Also, are they an already-established household? Or are they moving into a place for the first time? They don't need things like kitchen towels and cleaning supplies if they've been living together for a while.

Pink... pink... hmmm.... What about a hot pink blender and makings for strawberry margaritas (or daquiris)?
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

Well,
Those are all good ideas. My favorite room is the kitchen and I own almost every kitchen gadget there is but I have never seen my friend cook and I am not sure she is into it. I find it important to think more of what the other person would like than what I like.

They are an established couple 7 years I think. That's why seems difficult to pin it down.

I am willing to spend $50 or less. I really do like the personalized gift basket idea. Hmmmmm......
Old March 27th, 2008, 11:46 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

There are lots of things out there that are kitchen "things" that are good for people who don't cook! (take it from me )

How about a fancy corkscrew, bottle stoppers, and wine charms? (all in pink of course, or perhaps given with a pink zinfandel )

What about a nice serving dish for all of those "to go" meals, plus a gift certificate to someplace *for* a to go meal?

A can opener, microwavable serving dishes...

I have some really cute pink ice cream bowls that look like pig faces and say "oink" at the bottom (Sur La Table or you coud handmake them at a pottery place). That together with an ice cream scoop...