Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reproduction and Pregnancy Discuss issues related to Reproduction and Pregnancy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:14 PM
nonnymouse's Avatar
nonnymouse nonnymouse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 1,032
nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyT View Post
HI Kay Kay! Things are going much better around here!! We all got sick for a while, and couldn't get rid of it... it just kept going back and forth to everyone, including Madison!

I feel that I am adjusting to three kids pretty good! She has now decided that she will give us a little more sleep during the night, but still wants to stay up real late. She will finally fall asleep around midnight and then wake up at 4am and then sleep till 7am. So it's a little better!

The only thing that I am having trouble with, is giving each kid their own individual attention. I just don 't want to fail them, and I know they all need one on one time with their parents. My oldest (8) isn't doing so hot in school... he is smart, he is just having a hard time paying attention, and it is reflecting in his grades.

Anyways... I have found that the adjustment was much easier going from two to three, than it was going from one to two.

Thank you for asking! I finally got some time to read some threads these last two days and post!!
Nice to hear your all doing better. We've been doing the I'm sick now we're all sick thing around and round for the past few weeks too. Sorry to hear your little Madison was sick too. (I always am most concerned about the litttlest one when we have a virus. I just hate to see them sick.)

How are you getting the one on one time? I find it is really hard to do with three. It is rare that DD2 naps and in this past year she and DS have only napped at the same time once. The closest I get to one on one is two on one.

During that one long nap for the younger two I just got to sit and read with DD1. The dynamic with just her is so calm and different when the littler ones were sleeping but my attempts to get other one on one opportunities with each of them don't last beyond a couple moments.

It's nice to hear it is possible.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
mommyT's Avatar
mommyT mommyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
mommyT is on a distinguished road
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

whoops, don't know if I worded it wrong, but I meant is, I am having a hard time giving one on one time. Especially with my older one. I can have some one on one time with my 3 YO a little bit during the day because Madison takes naps a lot, but with my oldest, I feel bad. He goes to school, come home and has his 3 YO brother to compete with.

My 3YO is a wild one! As soon as I sit down to do homework with my oldest, my youngest decides he wants to jump off of things, or write on walls. I have tried everything. I have tried having him play in the back, watch a movie, even pretending that he does his own homework... it doesn't work, and my attention gets interrupted from my oldest

So far the time I have given them is when my husband is home, i will try to take one of them for icecream, or even grocery shopping with me...because at least then, we can talk without being interrupted.

Nonnymouse, you have three children also right? How old are they?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old March 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM
nonnymouse's Avatar
nonnymouse nonnymouse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 1,032
nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyT View Post
whoops, don't know if I worded it wrong, but I meant is, I am having a hard time giving one on one time. Especially with my older one. I can have some one on one time with my 3 YO a little bit during the day because Madison takes naps a lot, but with my oldest, I feel bad. He goes to school, come home and has his 3 YO brother to compete with.

My 3YO is a wild one! As soon as I sit down to do homework with my oldest, my youngest decides he wants to jump off of things, or write on walls. I have tried everything. I have tried having him play in the back, watch a movie, even pretending that he does his own homework... it doesn't work, and my attention gets interrupted from my oldest

So far the time I have given them is when my husband is home, i will try to take one of them for icecream, or even grocery shopping with me...because at least then, we can talk without being interrupted.

Nonnymouse, you have three children also right? How old are they?
Mine are 4.5, 2.5, and 1 year. The few times I have taken one grocery shopping with me and not the other I get a lot of sad eyes and "But why isn't (other sister) with us?"

Maybe mine haven't read the literature and don't know they are supposed to want one on one time with mommy and daddy. LOL

I enjoy the dynamic with DD1 more when it is just her and I. Not that I don't enjoy her anyway but the constant activity of the younger ones even if the little guy is napping and DD2 is just bouncing on my foot while I try to read or do workbooks with DD1 is honestly very draining on my patience.

I very much felt for you when you were describing how you try to find an activity for your busy 3 y/o.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old March 7th, 2008, 12:09 PM
mommyT's Avatar
mommyT mommyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
mommyT is on a distinguished road
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Wow Nonnymouse! Your kids are so close in age!! Are you done? I am . I love my kids sooooo much... but three is good. The laundry for three kids and a hubby and myself... is enough to say NO more!! Just kidding
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old March 7th, 2008, 03:38 PM
nonnymouse's Avatar
nonnymouse nonnymouse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 1,032
nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyT View Post
Wow Nonnymouse! Your kids are so close in age!! Are you done? I am . I love my kids sooooo much... but three is good. The laundry for three kids and a hubby and myself... is enough to say NO more!! Just kidding
Laundry! Meals! Dishes! Oh, my! A family of five generates more work than any other full time job. I could not agree more. (Especially since each little ones 'helping out' is usually the source of 2 or 3 extra messes. ) I do ove having 3 though.

I think were done though i do not want to jump on the permanent "snip, snip" bandwagon yet. Hubbie is more ready to be done than me. I want a couple of years to recover and enjoy what we have before I say "Yeah, I'm officially done." (None of our kids were surprises so I feel safe with leaving our birth control measures as they are.)

There is also the issue of adoption that DH and I have discussed before. I am not wanting another pregnancy, (7 months of 24-7 nausea 3 times is hard, although giving birth and other things about being preggo I enjoyed). But if we are in a different place financially in five or six years we might consider a fourth child that way.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old March 8th, 2008, 04:48 PM
mommyT's Avatar
mommyT mommyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
mommyT is on a distinguished road
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

i know what you are saying regarding the morning sickness... with all of mine, I was sooooo sick, I was miserable. Then with this one, I was on bedrest and had to have surgery on my cervix... it was awful, so even if we wanted more, I dont' think it would be a good idea.

DH just got his big "V" last week, so basically there is no going back
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old March 8th, 2008, 10:01 PM
nonnymouse's Avatar
nonnymouse nonnymouse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 1,032
nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyT View Post
i know what you are saying regarding the morning sickness... with all of mine, I was sooooo sick, I was miserable. Then with this one, I was on bedrest and had to have surgery on my cervix... it was awful, so even if we wanted more, I dont' think it would be a good idea.

DH just got his big "V" last week, so basically there is no going back
I wish him well with his recovery. How's it going so far? I've heard its usually a pretty painless procedure (especially in comparison to any kind of birth ) but there is always an exception.

We knew a couple a few years ago and the husband had continuous pain until the procedure was reversed.

Hope your DH is in the normal/fairly easy recovery category.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:34 AM
grubby's Avatar
grubby grubby is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Posts: 1,769
grubby will become famous soon enough
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymouse View Post
I wish him well with his recovery. How's it going so far? I've heard its usually a pretty painless procedure (especially in comparison to any kind of birth ) but there is always an exception.

We knew a couple a few years ago and the husband had continuous pain until the procedure was reversed.

Hope your DH is in the normal/fairly easy recovery category.
I know this was not directed at me but I can say that my DHs "V" was pretty painless. The first day was spent cuddling up to a frozen bag of peas. But he had it on a Friday and went back to work on Monday.
__________________
I'm a guppy, you're a guppy, wouldn't you like to be a guppy too?!!! Guppies are cute!!!

I was a much better parent... before I had kids!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old March 9th, 2008, 01:10 PM
nonnymouse's Avatar
nonnymouse nonnymouse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 1,032
nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post
I know this was not directed at me but I can say that my DHs "V" was pretty painless. The first day was spent cuddling up to a frozen bag of peas. But he had it on a Friday and went back to work on Monday.
Glad to hear it. I hope my DHs goes well like that when he gets it done.

And the bit about cuddling the bag of peas really made me smile.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:28 AM
mommyT's Avatar
mommyT mommyT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 136
mommyT is on a distinguished road
Re: I had my baby GIRL!!

It wasn't too bad for him... just uncomfortable. In his words" it feels like someone has a firm hold on them"... I am sure you can figure out what "them" is LOL
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007, The BlueSparks Network