Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > General Health

General Health Discuss issues related to General Health

Old March 21st, 2016, 12:15 AM

karimakkan is on a distinguished road
will grilled mushroomcause cancer?

I used to make grilled mushroom recipes. I really like that taste. But recently I read that grilled food cause cancer. since mushrooms are under veggie will they cause cancer? Here is the recipe that i usually prepare..
Old March 21st, 2016, 12:23 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: will grilled mushroomcause cancer?

karimakkan, we are not a medical forum. It would be better to present this type of question to a forum with dieticians or medical experts, or research the specific question in sources you trust.
Old March 21st, 2016, 07:30 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

If you live long enough you'll probably end up with cancer anyway. It might take a couple hundred years... but... most of us won't even make to 100.
Old March 21st, 2016, 02:46 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Well every day we are told something new causes cancer. Now we are told to eat fat and cut sugar,but it used to be the other way around. Eating a healthy diet in general, limiting alcohol and not smoking,and wearing sunblock helps a lot.It can be predicted according to your genetic history,if there is any in your family.

But cancer just comes along when it wants to,its not a virus nor can we predict when or if it might happen. There is also no proof we can keep it away with the food we eat. Im sure its better to eat any vegetables than it is to eat greasy takeaways, because fat and grease are bad for our systems and veges help us digest and get nutrients from them.I say eat as many veges and any kind that you want.

Dont live your life worried if you might get cancer.Often you can freak yourself out by reading too much on the net about it,just enjoy your life and be as healthy as you can. We all die one day in the end.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:58 AM

alexbfr is on a distinguished road

I read an article about that some time ago, it's not the mushrooms, it's the hydrocarbons that are formed due to the char you get from the grill itself. There is an association with cancer although not a direct link due to the increase in free radical exposure.