Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:05 AM

cowboy728 is on a distinguished road
best friend help

my ex fiancee of 7 years dumped me a lil under 2 months ago. my best friend lives next door to me. He is single and has a 12 year old daughter, my ex is friends with him and his little girl. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago. My ex started coming over more hanging out all day with his little girl, going fishing with him and his daughter. She calls him all the time for everything. ( example: I was hanging out at his house 1 day and my ex pulls up knocks on the door, he answers it but won't let her in. so she proceeds to ask him how to hang a picture. then leaves.) he keeps telling me stuff about her dating other guys, how she is looking for a house now. I have told him how uncomfortable this makes me, but i can't tell him who he should be friends with. something has got to give, i am about to break. What should I do? Yes, I still love her very much.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 06:41 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: best friend help

Quote:
My ex started coming over more hanging out all day with his little girl, going fishing with him and his daughter. She calls him all the time for everything.
I think you already know.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:46 PM

cowboy728 is on a distinguished road

yep, just wanted to make sure before i done something i might regret later.
Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:14 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Don't do anything you'll regret later!

Your relationship only ended a couple of months ago. There will necessarily be adjustment on all sides.

She might not know what she wants. She might be longing for the family she thought she was going to have with you, thus spending time with your friend and his daughter (and just his daughter at times).

He might not want her, but he might enjoy having a female presence around his pre-teen daughter. He may also be flattered by the attention, and kind of "used" to her presence (if he was around her a lot when the two of you were engaged) and not sure how or if to tell her to go away.

I found it interesting that she'd come over to his house to ask him how to hang a picture. She doesn't have a phone? Do you think they are dating? Or do you think it's just an awkward situation?