Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old November 15th, 2011, 05:04 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bank of Snafu

Its been a month - ex hasn't paid. I haven't said anything & the one time that DH said something I told him I wasn't involved - he needed to talk to ex himself .
Old November 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

oh - the irony the candy came in today (after I posted an update yesterday)
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
future crazy cat lady

Turns out DS had the $ from ex - he got it from his dad 2 weeks ago; but neglected/forgot to take it out of his bag ... until last night, when he was packing to go back to his dad's
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops!
Old November 19th, 2011, 12:42 AM

mum of three is on a distinguished road

That is just so like kids

Glad your DH got his money back
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:42 PM
future crazy cat lady

Exclamation spine of steel or beyond "witch"

ex discovered tonight the "Bank of Snafu" is closed - and I feel/felt like a heel.

DS didn't have school today - long turkey day weekend/ex's holiday

we met tonight & after DS switched all his stuff from his dad's car to mine, ex asked if he could borrow $20 for gas - he'd paid all his bills today & his debit card wouldn't allow anything above his limit - I told him I didn't have the cash (had to repeate myself a few times) - then I left.

I left ex an hour away from the town he lives in - he had to contact someone else to help him out.

DS & I talked about it on the way home .... about the fact that, in the past, when I'd loaned his dad money for school pictures, covered the restaraunt bill, etc... I had to keep asking his dad for the $ and it made me feel bad/I'd get sick to my stomic. I was trying to do what was best for me, rather than making other people happy and myself miserible. I told DS that I felt bad right now, but I don't know how I'll feel about it a month from now.
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame that your DS had to be privy to that conversation.

On the bright side, saying no gets easier.
Old November 29th, 2011, 04:23 AM
future crazy cat lady

Lucy - ITA, but when ex asked DS heard and suggested that I give/loan his dad my gas money - DH & I keep "gas cash" on us (there's a gas station that gives a discount for cash )

I think he should have asked to talk to me privately, not if front of DS. I know it had to be hard for him to ask - and I feel bad for him, but I didn't want to stress myself anymore...
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect ex knew/sensed the Bank of Snafu is closing, and deliberately asked in front of your boy so that you would be more likely to say yes. - Glad you had the opportunity to talk to your DS about it though.
Old November 30th, 2011, 07:13 PM
future crazy cat lady

Ya'll are gona love what I discovered last night... I'm laughing about it

DS got a new fund raiser before Thanksgiving & took it with him to his dad's (any guesses where this is going...)

Anyway- ex's "friend" has ordered something... but there's no $$/check - according to DS his dad said he'd pay for it, but didn't send a payment . I'm not dealing with it .