Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Children

Old December 3rd, 2013, 07:06 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Dressing DD-- Help!

Dd9 is cute, slim, right BMI, etc, but she has a butt. Pants don't fit her right. She's taken to complaining about her stretch pants being too tight in the seat. I cut out the "short" in her skort this morning, making the skirt too big, but more comfortable with a pair of tights on underneath, which she also complained about being too tight.

Shopping, I had her try on a JRs 0 stretch pants, and she complained about those, too.

Help!!!
Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dressing DD-- Help!

know anyone who knows how to sew well?

other than that the only thing I can suggest is skirts or women's petites- like size 00
Old December 3rd, 2013, 06:21 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, snafu. That's a great idea! I'm thinking skirts and dresses with leggings could work most days.
Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, what *I* did...

Twirl skirts (with leggings underneath) and skater skirts are in style these days - you should be able to find a big selection. Tiered skirts would probably work also. Maybe leggings with oversized sweaters?

Also... have you considered plus sizes? You'd have to take in the waist, but the proportions and the length (etc.) would fit okay.

This is the reason I like the heavy denim (100% cotton) jeans. Stretch jeans just don't work for me. The heavy denim ones are thick enough to hold what needs to be held, then I wear a belt if need be. Good luck finding them, though, and if you do let me know where.
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM

There is no way DD would wear any jean. She is so fussy.

But plus sizes could work. I never thought of that. I've been buying the next size up and taking the waist in but she still complained. I'll have to try the plus sizes. She's going to be fun as a teenager if she's this particular now.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:05 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

When she's a teenager, she can shop for and pick out her OWN clothes. I bet she becomes less fussy then.

Heck, my tomboy daughter who spent the first 15 years of her life fussing if I even thought about buying her something pink has decided pink looks good on her.

Does DD like khakis or any other kind of pant?
Old December 4th, 2013, 02:29 PM

She won't wear anything constricting. She had twill pants that were cute and baggy, but I can't find them now. I just picked up some tights and tunics from OshKosh, size 12. Oh my word! They are going back tomorrow. I'll be looking for 12 plus or 14s for her.

She must be getting ready to shoot up!
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM

She ended up in 14's. I didn't even have to take in the waist.

She's between 50th and 75th percentile in height and weight.

Are they making clothes smaller?

I must be in denial about her growth spurt.
Old December 5th, 2013, 03:49 PM

I think the cut of clothes these days for kids (skinny jeans, anyone?) is smaller.
Old December 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

This is a growth chart for US girls:

http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/data...l/cj41l022.pdf

It seems to be fairly accurate against this data here:

http://growth-chart.findthedata.org/...outh-in-the-US

Growth/height charts are quite hard to understand, so for anyone who is reading this and can't interpret the data:

Lucy's DD is somewhere between about 64 and 84lb, and 52.5" - 56.5" (Depending on whether she has just turned 9 or is nearly 10, and whether she is closer to the 50% or the 75%)

- There's already quite a spread at 9 years old, and a girl who turns 9, and is sitting on the 75% for both height and weight, will be the size of an average just turned 10yo (50%).