Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Other

Other General household discussions.

Old April 2nd, 2015, 12:53 PM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of
Re: getting rid of stuff

two words

YARD SALE

one man's junk is another man's ahhhhhhh, another man's gold????

well, you guys get the idea....
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:31 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOO!!!!

I can't deal with yard sales .... people wanting to debate price with you, etc.... I'd rather get rid of it all at once (Ok - some stuff I'm going to sell via Craig's' list). I don't want the hassle. Goodwill can get the $$ and I get to take the donations off my taxes. I'm also planning on "freecycling" some stuff. What's left after that will go in the trash/recycling.
Old April 2nd, 2015, 06:37 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
NOOOOOO!!!!

I can't deal with yard sales .... people wanting to debate price with you, etc.... I'd rather get rid of it all at once (Ok - some stuff I'm going to sell via Craig's' list). I don't want the hassle. Goodwill can get the $$ and I get to take the donations off my taxes. I'm also planning on "freecycling" some stuff. What's left after that will go in the trash/recycling.
I agree who can be bothered with arguing prices,and dealing with mostly idiots lol. I sell online and I dont even allow pickups any more, people just waste your time otherwise.
Old April 5th, 2015, 07:08 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Basement (well, my stuff anyway) is almost done. Next is the attic, followed by the office, and finishing with the garage.

I'm itemizing stuff that's going to goodwill & I'm going to learn how to sell on Craig's List (fun, fun,... not) There's a few things that it'd be worth selling rather than donating.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:00 AM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

To me the idea of a garage sale is to "Get rid of stuff." I've seen garage sales where people are asking ridiculous prices. If they don't barter - I'm gone. I like to barter. We have one every 2-3 years. We almost give the crap away. Will be having one in May. We have a bunch of useless junk so everyone here is invited to come over and help yourself. Because we're all "family" here everyone gets a 30% discount.
Old April 7th, 2015, 06:32 PM
future crazy cat lady

Knot - I just might take you up on that

for me, garage sales = make some money while getting rid of stuff. The last time I had a sale (and the first one I'd done in over 10 years) I had multiple people tell me I was selling stuff too cheap .... and other people still wanted to pay less.

I'd rather take one trip to Goodwill and have it all gone- than spend hours setting up, selling, then cleaning up and STILL have stuff I've got to get rid of .... blech - so not worth it to me
Old April 7th, 2015, 06:39 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
Knot - I just might take you up on that

for me, garage sales = make some money while getting rid of stuff. The last time I had a sale (and the first one I'd done in over 10 years) I had multiple people tell me I was selling stuff too cheap .... and other people still wanted to pay less.

I'd rather take one trip to Goodwill and have it all gone- than spend hours setting up, selling, then cleaning up and STILL have stuff I've got to get rid of .... blech - so not worth it to me
And dont forget they waste your time trying to get something for nothing,and some can be quite rude, I sell online and only stuff I can send, I cant be bothered with rude strangers at my house.
Old April 7th, 2015, 06:43 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

^which is why I stay faaaaarrrrr away from Craigslist.
Old April 8th, 2015, 01:53 PM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Garage sale... Beats the heck out of shoveling dirt, putting together flower beds or anything else on that "honey-do list." I'll take the garage sale and the barterers any day.
Old April 8th, 2015, 06:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

snort - knot - how 'bout we trade places

I dropped the first load of at goodwill today

should have the next load ready soon