Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old December 15th, 2016, 12:28 PM

WillR is on a distinguished road
Post Grankids live far away?

Hi - My name's Will and I'm a product manager at a startup called <snip>

We've been thinking about how to make it easier for families who live far apart to stay in touch. Many of us can't travel as much as we'd like, and existing communication tools can present technical and scheduling difficulties.

We think we have a solution, and are looking for families to participate in a test. If accepted, you would receive a physical device running test software. There is no compensation or cost. We'd like testers to give it a shot for at least 6 weeks.

If interested, simply email me at<snip> to get started.

Thank you!

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; December 15th, 2016 at 07:20 PM. Reason: remove advertising
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:05 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Grankids live far away?

Please read forum rules. We don't allow advertising or promotion of sites or products here.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old December 15th, 2016, 07:21 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

What's the matter with the old fashioned telephone? Surely grandparents who are too old to do skype remember how to dial a number.
Old December 16th, 2016, 02:37 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Nice idea. However, there are plenty of opportunities available for families to stay in contact already.

Sorry, I'm just not interested.

Good luck on your idea. Maybe you could advertise it on fb or something like that.

or...

People could move closer to their grandkids. Or even have the in-laws move in with them. Parents would love that. All that family closeness. Gosh... I can feel the chills running up my spine now.

Tags
facetime, grandchildren, grandkids