Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old December 9th, 2014, 04:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
gifts for pets

Does anyone get gifts for their pets?

We've gotten stuff in the past for our pets. I just got something for DSD's dog and one of our cats went nuts over it.... It's a toy duck.
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:41 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: gifts for pets

Yes... Usually squeaky dog toys and blankets. Been doing it for years. Oddly enough... our Rat Terrier will open the wrapping paper when I tell her: "This is yours!"
Old December 12th, 2014, 09:33 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

have to share a funny story, hope you don't mind.

we used to have dobermans, and lived way out in the country....so, I used to order things for them that the UPS man bought. First off, they some how knew when boxes were for them and 2nd, the UPS man had no fear what-so-ever of our dogs. He knew we left our door open, so he'd just open the door and put the boxes inside the door.

So, I didn't know this, but he used to give them those long stick pretzels. One to all three. One day I came home from work, and my girl Jessie, was laying there on the floor, with a long pretzel between her front paws, guarding it from the other two. Them moment I acknowledged it, she grabbed it and scarfed it down. She wanted me to see it and sat there all day, with that pretzel, until I got home.

Later the UPS man told me he gave the dogs pretzels everytime he delivered any packages. He loved dobermans. LOL

Special times.....
Old December 15th, 2014, 12:51 PM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Great story! Do you have a dog now? Feed the dog pretzels?
Old December 15th, 2014, 08:35 PM

Rosewell is on a distinguished road

I usually try to get my kitty a little something.
This year, it was a squeaking mouse toy.
I dont know what she did with her old one!

During this last Thanksgiving, I gave her some turkey.
Funny story time!
Last year, I made a plate of leftover Thanksgiving.
I sat the plate on my bed and turned away for 5 seconds.
When I turned back around, the cat had a chunk of turkey in her mouth.
She looked up at me like, "What are YOU looking at," and sits down to eat the pilfered food.
Its funny that she seemed to go strait for the turkey in the middle of the plate.
Old December 20th, 2014, 01:54 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds just like a cat, Rosewell.

My cats get all of the ribbons, wrapping paper, and tissue paper to play with. Plus all of the greenery (real and fake) they can eat.
Old December 28th, 2014, 01:15 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

DSD's dog loved her "goose", but we were all ready to give it a "squeakendectomy"
Old February 12th, 2015, 03:52 AM

memyselfandi will become famous soon enough

That UPS story is hilarious!!

Of couse we get our pets gifts, especially at Christmas!! We have more fun watching them open their "presents" than we do our own!!

Funny, one year my ex decided to hide the dog bones for our dogs "within" the tree so that they wouldn't get at them underneath the tree.

Yeah..sure. Came home from work, wrapping paper all over the place..and not a dog in sight; well except for the little black nose of our Cocker thinking we couldn't see him. Walked through the house with the wrapping paper asking, "Who opened their present EARLY??" and that little black nose would disappear for a bit..and then sudden reappear.

As our Golden hid in the bathtub with wrapping paper stuck on her nose thinking our Cocker would take the hit for both of them.

LOL..!!