Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old February 1st, 2013, 12:27 PM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough
Our dogs bring us presents

My bf and I have two dogs, a beagle and a dachshund/jack russell mix. They love us sooooo much they keep trying to give us presents they find in the back yard. I let Peter, the dachshund, out to do his business last night and on the way back in he dropped something on the tile just inside the back door. I had to go get my glasses to see what it was. Peter is quite the little mole hunter and the remains he'd dropped at my feet were his latest prize. Yuck!

Most of the time our beagle, Emma, just brings in walnuts.

Do your dogs and kitties bring you presents?
Old February 1st, 2013, 03:23 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our dogs bring us presents

lol at the walnuts and moles!

- Our horrible cat isn't the worlds greatest hunter, but one night it must have been a full moon and her stars were crossed or something, we got a baby rat (very MUCH alive!), a puriri moth (huge and fluttery, the dog is terrified of them), and a weta (like a huge grass hopper. I'm terrified of them). Ms evil rides again. That was a few years ago, and we haven't had another episode like that ever.
Old February 1st, 2013, 04:52 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Our dogs bring us presents

lhgnome - your going to have to post pics of your dogs

I had a cat years ago who brought me "gifts" - baby bunnies, mice.... and a friend of mine had a cat who kicked b4tt - he'd bring home rabbits (bigger that he was), snakes, ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
Ms evil rides again. That was a few years ago, and we haven't had another episode like that ever.
what'd she do this time?

(lhg - Ms X is a bug killer with a great sense of humor + drama.... there's a thread around here somewhere with the story... I just can't remember where )